• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello Everyone.

Shiftie

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

It is a pleasure to meet you all. You can call me Shiftie. I am a 41 year old married father of three, and also have custody of my niece and nephew.

My health history, as well as history with narcotic pain relief is long. I contracted Ulcerative colitis when I was 17. Had my whole large intestine removed at 21 for which I was on Percocet for a few months while everything healed.

When I was 29 I found out I contracted Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. This is an autoimmune disease that attacks the bile ducts, causing them to become inflamed and scarred. Once they get scarred enough bile sludge gets caught in the little pockets the inflammation and scarring creates forcing bile back into the liver causing damage, and eventual liver death. Most of my time with this disease I was given Dilaudid, and Fentanyl.

Fast Forward to May of 2017. I had my first liver transplant. My body began to reject it. With hours left to live my doctors found another liver, and I was transplanted again 4 days after the first transplant. During the second transplant, I caught a bacteria resistant infection throught my abdomen, that took 2 months of suffering to get through. Again during this time I was on heavy doses of Dilaudid. from May until now I have been trying to get off the Dilaudid, as I no longer need it, and have only been taking it to keep withdrawals at bay. I just dont have the self control to taper off using Dilaudid so this week I start on either Suboxone or methadone.

I was told if I wanted to go on Suboxone that I would have to be three days in cold turkey so I didnt trigger something like precipitated withdrawal I think it is called. After doing some reading it looks like this would be the best choice for me.

I want to thank you all for your time reading this, and look forward to getting to know you and using these forums as a tool to meet you all as well as comfort getting off this dilaudid.

Cheers all,
Shiftie.

Welcome to Bluelight :)

Man, you've gone through some shit and I applaud you on getting through it. If you haven't already, take a look at Basic Drug Discussion and Other Drugs. You'll find some really good info there.

Have a good one and enjoy your time here

Thank you Swerlz. I have been a long time lurker and have actually pulled alot of info from those two forums, they have both been a great source.