• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Nightmares, sleep-paralysis and fatigue in the days after rolling

sarih92

Greenlighter
I've been rolling occasionally over the last 2.5 years. In the beginning I used to roll about once a month, but in the last year it has gone down to about 5-6 times in a year. I usually take about 120mg as a first hit, boost two hours later with 60mg and another boost of 70-80mg two hours after that (altogether roughly 250mg per night, with the roll lasting about 5-6 hours).

Last weekend, I took a first hit of 120mg, a booster of 60mg two hours in, then half a pill and another half a pill two hours apart (which is more than I usually take, especially in the last year). It was the first time in a long time when the roll was "magical" as it was in the beginning (it's always good for me, but this time was special), however I found that it was quite easy to fall asleep at the end of the night, with no special down or fatigue the next day.
In the nights that followed, however, starting Monday (5 days ago), I began to have very vivid dreams, with some being nightmares (and the majority of them are qualified for the "negative" category of dreams, even if they were not nightmares per se). Few of them made me wake up screaming, and the next day when I wake up the feeling was as if I did not sleep at all, with excessive tiredness kicking in later in the day.

After reading this can happen after a roll, when the brain is reproducing serotonin, and that it can last for 3-5 days after, I expected it to be over soon. Last night, however, was one of the longest weirdest nights I ever experienced in my life - I went to sleep at 12am and woke up at 10am this morning, and in this 10 hours time-frame I woke up at least 6 times, all of them from terrifying nightmares, and all involved me screaming and sometime sleep-paralyzed. It was just dream after dream after dream of bizarre situations, people and places. When I finally woke up this morning I felt extremely tired as if I didn't sleep at all.

I'd like to know if anyone else have encountered a thing of this sort, and if yes, how long should I expect it to last (it's been a week), and are there any known ways to mitigate these dreams and to have a better night sleep?

P.S it is worth noting, perhaps, that I smoke weed daily, but on a very very low scale - roughly one joint with 80-85% tabbaco and 15-20% weed (and I usually don't even finish a whole one) - I never truly get "high" or "stoned" (only on rare occasions, with friends, but not recently), just a tiny buzz before bedtime. Two days ago, on Thursday, I decided to not smoke at all that day, with the thought that perhaps this bit of weed also induces these bad dreams, and this was actually the only night of the week where I did not wake up screaming. Can this be a factor as well?

I have experienced this many times. If you are interested in lucid dreaming at all, you can manipulate the state to your advantage to induce lucid dreams. Vitamin C and methylcobalamin (b12) are both helpful in returning to regular sleep patterns.