• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Almost 50 days..no subs. PLEASE help, need guidance

Baron27

Greenlighter
To quickly summarize my situation: I did a fairly quick taper from 4mgs suboxone to 1mg over the course of about a month or so. Was on 1mg for about a week before jumping off. Was on suboxone for several years.

I?ve been doing reasonably well up until a few days ago. Been able to function but it?s taken a full effort. Still, I?ve been able to get by. There have been some good days and so far 1 night of a full 8 hours sleep. But mostly 1-2 hours of sleep at most (it sounds crazy but I?m not kidding) lack of sleep is starting to cause some major problems. It?s been 3 full days and no sleep. It seems to be getting worse, I don?t understand. Yesterday and today I?ve been experiencing terrifying hallucinations. While laying in bed last night a bizarre figure walked into my room. I?ve never been so afraid in my life, I yelled in horror and my girlfriend was really freaked out. Today I?ve been seeing strange things in my peripheral vision but the hallucinations are much worse in the dark. I almost got hit by a fucking car earlier.It feels like I?m at the edge of sanity.

The way I see it, I have 3 options

Use opiates. Sleep. Hope all this ?blows over? or somehow magically resolves with time.

Or

Go back on suboxone and try tapering more slowly..or accept that I can?t live anything that resembles a normal life without it.

Or

Continue without opiates and pray I don?t go fucking psychotic (it?s happened once before. I was institutionalized for a week when I quit methadone cold turkey, 8 years ago)

I?ve tried like 10 different sleep meds and nothing works. Not even benzos or Kratom are helping anymore. Fuuuuck.

Take some OTC sleep medication and get some rest.

Opiates aren't the answer. Good luck man.

That sounds really frustrating but remember that even at its worst, this is temporary. Going through something this difficult can seem insurmountable in the moment but try to bolster your resolve with the thought that if you do go through it, you can put it behind you. Hang in there!<3

being on sub for years, then jumping off 1mg, and you're in for at least a month, and probably 2-3 months of not feeling good. You're at a crossroads right here. You're this far into it, and really don't have much further to go, and if you've made it this far you're obviously strong enough to ride the rest out.