• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Selegiline and MDMA

Mind-Expansion

Greenlighter
[SIZE=-1]Hey guys,

I just wanted to share this with you.

[SIZE=-1]3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)-induced serotonergic neurotoxicity was assessed in the striatum, hippocampus and frontal cortex of rats by using [3H]paroxetine binding to label serotonin (5-HT) uptake sites and 5-HT and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) levels as markers of serotonergic function. MDMA (40 mg/kg) induced a significant decrease in both [3H]paroxetine binding Bmax and 5-HT and 5-HIAA levels 7 days after treatment. The monoamine oxidase-B inhibitor L-deprenyl (2 mg/kg) administered 30 min before MDMA blocked these decreases. MDMA (40 mg/kg) also maximally increased the formation of thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (an indicator of lipid peroxidation) 12 hr after treatment in all three brain regions studied. This increase in malondialdehyde formation was also blocked by pretreatment with L-deprenyl. Tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) activity was also significantly reduced 18 hr after MDMA. L-Deprenyl reversed this decrease in TPH activity. Another experiment confirmed that a significant fraction of [3H]dopamine uptake into hippocampal synaptosomes was blocked by 500 nM fluoxetine, a selective 5-HT uptake inhibitor. These data suggest that the deamination by monoamine oxidase-B of excessive dopamine within the 5-HT terminal generates hydrogen peroxide that may lead to membrane lipid peroxidation, and perhaps other oxidative insults, resulting in selective 5-HT terminal degeneration subsequent to MDMA treatment. (https://www.mdma.net/depsave.htm)

I personally have tried this a few times by now and definitly notice a difference. I also like to take small amounts of NMDA antagonists, Actyl L-Carnitine and Noopept to prevent neurotoxicity.

Hope this is helpful!
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Does this means you could use hordenine to protect yourself against MDMA neurotoxicity ? At first glance it seems like the perfect candidate because its pretty well studied and available everywhere as a bodybuilding supplement. Dunno if its MAO-B inhibition is significant enough to make a difference or if it has other effects that make it unsuitable.

Hordenine shouldn't be bioactive when orally administered; simple phenethylamines like that tend to get metabolized too rapidly to be useful as drugs.

40 mg/kg of MDMA is a stupidly huge overdose, for a 50kg man that's 2000 mg of MDMA. No wonder there's neurotoxicity at that level.

sekio you always say this or that substance is not bioactive orally until i try them and see they do work. you should really go back to the drawing board and configure them out before you post, seriously

I'm not trying to mislead anyone, just reporting what I know.

What sort of dose of hordenine were you taking? And how are you taking it? All the literature I can find points to oral administration being ineffective. Most testing on these sort of compounds are IM/IV administration to animals where they seem to act as simple pressor agents (c.f. adrenaline).

Related compounds like PEA, phenylephrine, N-methyl-PEA, tyramine and the like are not orally active in me so I don't generally go around looking for more to try. Even PEAs like mescaline need doses almost in the grams to overcome metabolic degradation.

Last edited: