• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

tolorance

tuck3838

Greenlighter
I just started smoking again and have zero tolarance for pot. How long if you can remember did it take for everyone to get there tolarance up?

it depends on how much you toke during the day, creeps up fast if you hit it 2x+ daily but if you can limit yourself then you can keep tolerance at bay.

For me it usually takes a week of consecutive smoking (up to a gram daily) to get a tolerance, and about a week of abstinence to be rid of said tolerance.
Regards,
Tez

im actualy wanting to get my tolorance up....im getting way to stoned lol
its nice but i miss being used to it...its like to different highs completly For me with and without a tolorance.
Sometimes i can barley talk when i smoke lol

Toke less, there's no shame in just passing the J without hitting it every time it reaches you. You could also try storing your nugs in a kief/pollen sifter box and using that to knock some of the THC off the green, lowering potency.

Thats a good idea iv just been taking one hit like every hour or two and i need to remember how to keep the munchies at bay lol

Salutations Tuck3838,

Lets remix this:

...getting way too stoned... ...can barley talk when i smoke...

...actualy wanting to get my tolorance up... it's nice but i miss being used to it... it's like too different highs... ...

So you're already abusing cannabis and now wish to proceed further with more excessive behaviour until tolerance builds up, so you can finally consume without deliterious/euphoric effects. Correct??

Hummm...

How about adjusting your consumption method & ritual in order to include a "dosing" dimension to it, in a manner which passively/conveniently promotes self-awareness while providing some enhanced means of appreciation re-centered on aroma/taste, though thick opaque clouds remain an option. Etc. Seen from my personal perspective the cigarette/"joint" format is just obsolete on top of being an historical error on a planetary scale. The UN is right about smoking habits and even more right about CannaBiDiol smoker alternatives which Switzerland made as legal as tomatoes, by the way, but yet the UN (WHO) is missing the point with e-Cigs and worse: vaporizers. So don't count on the UN to fix the "joint" for us, "stoner$", not even on "expert$"/"speciali$ts" - never better served than by oneself anyway!

In other words why wait for TV to tell us about vaporizers: if it's true that smoking has a "kick" bonus not present in vaporization then i'd have to argue this is one feature you should be after in your present specific context!!

Next i'd try to determine what options are available in terms of THC/CBD/CBN ratio, hoping for less "centric" possibilities, e.g. "more balanced" ratios.

Then why not look at the consumption method and ritual even closer. For starters a "cigarette/"joint" format involves burning nearly half of the noble molecules simply to heat the rest while contaminating such cannabic stream with toxic exhaust fumes generated by uncontrolled combustion at the fire end, making everything equivalent to charcoal including paper & glue! Hummm... Talk about a grand opening!... Honestly that was destined to fail civilized health-wise standards since the paper-rolling machine patent of James Albert Bonsack in 1880!! The UN didn't think it could possibly happen to "save the children" just to fix such a failed self-vilifying consumption method, so that a few generations later all paper & glue has disapeared from the environment. Effectively "saving the children" of planet Itnoc since they use what they can find in a world of adults created by adults. Which means ideally we can "save those sacrificed children" by saving ourselves as adults! How about that?! Ain't this some convincing reason to convert to vaporism, hey? Do good to future generations of consumers by giving yourself an opportunity to serve as a raw model for generations of pro-cannabic youth to come! Fuck the wall-of-shame, become a pioneer in this fresh-new century!

;)

A "1=Hitter" style of consumption method would seem like an appropriate way to start. If you're into DIY then join the Induction Heat experiments on YouTube, if not i'd suggest thinking of a prefered power source 1st: fire + fuel can or battery + charger?? As a smoker you've already got a butane lighter around i guess, but that's yellow flames i imagine. Honestly i wasn't satisfied with such prospect myself, switch to a blue torch to access additional opportunities, like the DynaVap series. As for batteries i think the MLFB comes to mind naturally. Back to fire, the VapMan is conduction-based too apparently but it still has fans, i wonder if that wouldn't be a nice one to try, the faster the better. A "1-Hitter" that heats up and cools off quickly is most adapted for a pulse-mode style of consumption where the over-all dose is broken down into smaller units of some aproximative quanta. For example, long ago i evaluated that 1 g of crispy-dry/potent cannabis flower could provide about 8 bowls using my customized VG pipe, which translates as 125 mg bowls. Considering 1 bowl transforms into 5 ~ 6 tokes each that means 1 toke represents the inhalation of 20 ~ 25 mg turned into cannabic vapour.

In principle it's not impossible to prefer instead the conversion of 300 mg as a single balloon and pretend having sufficient discipline to break it down into 20 ~ 25 mg tokes. In real life the temptation is great to empty the balloon without a 2nd thought: the "locomotive effect".

In contrast a "1-Hitter" multiplies the moments when it's convenient to forget the whole thing and leave it aside, effectively promoting avoidance of abusive consumption behaviour (e.g. "Harm Reduction") via an alternative ritual re-centered on the person, not paraphernalia filling a balloon for 3 minutes, or just pre-heating, etc. It doesn't require much energy to vaporize 20 ~ 25 tokes, if you choose fire i'm sure it's a better use anyway. If not there's e-Liquids as in e-Cigs i suppose, but i like my pipe too much to even consider trying anything else in vain...

Try a rational approach. It's still possible to abuse from a "1-Hitter" but at least the repetition patterns won't go totally unnoticed, offering you a chance to realize (consciously or not) that there are other states than just complete saturation leading to zero nuance... Acquire new skills, take the challenge! I promise you won't miss the toxicity of combusted vegetal substrate (+ possibly nicotine?!), with enhanced aroma/taste appreciation in the balance as a trade-off! The hobby can be made fun again, it's only a matter of removing self-vilifying components, like paper + glue for starters. Then contaminants as tobacco and pesticides: always prefer "bio" (or self-sufficient home-cultivation). Then evaluate alternatives to THC-centric genetic selections, or experiment with blending, etc... With a "dosing" feature added to your consumption method it should become possible to differenciate an increasing amount of nuances as skills develop. It's only human to commit errors but dumb to repeat those indefinitely and expect a better result. So far many levers have been suggested relatively to these damaging aspects:

- SMOKE (fix it!)
- Abuse-promoting ritual (fix that too!!)
- Substance ratios balance (perhaps?...)​

Too bad if it's crazy of me to think i could make any sense with this diatribe posted in here today. I must have been inspired...

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
thats a very good point iv only been takin a few hits a day and i cant afford a vaporizor. I enjoy smoking it. I see your point on vaping being alot better of a method. Thanks for tge input

Sometimes you just gotta push past the initial discomfort. It's my opinion that weed is most fun when you have a serious habit. Otherwise the paranoia/anxiety can become overwhelming.

After a break I can usually get back to my old habit after about a week.