• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

HELP. ACCIDENT WHILE IVing THE FIRST TIME EVER. Very swollen, painful mass on hand

BangBang23

Greenlighter
Ok, SWIMs been on 100mg morphine in tablet form ((120mg takes away all the pain in joints and nerves and makes swim feel great!)) for like 10months.
Unfortunately with the opiate crisis, doctors in the area are firmly against writing the scripts for them anymore, the PCP notified all the patients that he will no longer prescribe any opiates, which left us kind of screwed.
So now been HAVING paying street value for a few months and it has been SO expensive, plus it?s just a pain in the ass having to be dealing with people on the streets and having to be nervous about doing something illegal... or especially sucks when you can?t locate any medicine on the streets at all which basically leaves Swim with no options other than buying the next best thing, which is H.

SWIM was running low on money and no medication was available at all , so was made aware by the DD I could buy a powder heroin substance for less $ and it would be stronger than a minute, SWIM being in horrific pain decided there wasn?t much of a choice , swim bought the product and extensively researched so it would be done not only right but SAFELY..
The very first time it was attempted (last night) SWIM did good, used alcohol, a spoon, tied arm and found a vein easily, injected, untied my arm
.... Well today amongst the 2nd attempt SWIM had a VERY hard time... made about 10-12 attempts in the arms, feet and the only place left was the hand,
The left hand was used, it felt like the vein had been reached a tiny bit of blood pulled into the needle so ya just figure it?s in there finally (though all of the other veins that stuck out werent working at all either for some reason?) SWIM decided to inject the substance, it wasn?t really painful at first,
but after 30 secs it hurt very bad, felt a super deep bruising/burning pain and it swoll at the sight of the injection, appeared to be a good sized, swollen/raised bump and it hurts pretty bad, feels like a lot of pressure,

SWIM has read up ALOT on this matter and seems to sound like the intended vein was missed, causing irritation under the skin.???SWIM is very unexperienced with this and does tend to overthink things but kinda concerned and it is pretty swollen and painful!

I NEED ANSWERS!!! -
So Please, try to help in any way possible and give EDUCATIONAL /thoughtful answers and opinions only, I?m looking for help, advice and answers !!! (TY)

Please don?t try to cause swim fear or unnecessary worry, there?s enough of that felt already lol, SWIM would just greatly appreciate anyone that is more experienced or educated that has accurate information or positivity that will help!!!

My post is a judgement free zone, simply just looking for answers about my health and if I need to seek medical care, so please keep harsh words or negativity away, and thank you in advance!!!

for future reference heroin and all the garbage sold as heroin does not need to be ived to be effective.

hope you get your hand figured out ok.

LAVA->OD

bam! thanks hydro

I still need to get on the photo contest and try to revive the next round.

Thank you both. Hand is feeling a lot better and looking quite better also. Don’t intend on doing that ever again. IVing is just too risky and complicated for me, although the bioavailability may be great and the pain relief may also be instant it’s not worth my inexperience killing myself or severely hurting myself, not a knock to anyone that does IV, just not for me personally.

Take care, #PracticeSafeSessions #HarmReductionSavesLives

This sounds like a job for the Urgent Care Clinic nearest you.

You are probably fine and overthinking this, but trained medical professionals await your visit, to put your mind at ease if nothing else.

Be honest with them, they're not going to call police because you were using drugs.

Hands are important.

Good luck.

if you must inject, please practice with bottled water first before doing drugs. This is how I learned.

And this is a perfect example of what the pain medication crackdown causes, MORE IV heroin use. but i'm preaching to the choir here.

The very first time it was attempted (last night) SWIM did good, used alcohol, a spoon, tied arm and found a vein easily, injected, untied my arm

You used alcohol? To sterilise the area I hope, you didn't use it to dissolve the heroin in I hope?! It sounds like a missed shot, which will swell and be painful for a while. If it doesn't go down within a day, gets redder or hot, or appears to be spreading you need to go to hospital. Ideally you don't want to shoot in your hands either, as any miss will hurt and swell them a lot more than using your arms. How long you been IVing?

Don't use SWIM either