Help needed. Big miss,large abscess coming. I'm very concerned.

TheOpposite

Bluelighter
Hello everyone. Haven't been on in quite a while.
But long story short, I fouled up very bad tonight and when I took a full shot intravenously of dilaudid I missed. The entire shot.

I know it's going to be excruciating. :(:( But since it was the entire shot will I have to go to the hospitK!?

I'm so nervous. Help very much so appreciated. And any suggestions for comfort, how to help in ANY way.

:(:(:(

I really hope that you have gone to the hospital! I'm so sorry I did not see this until now and I am praying you are OK. I hope you'll come back and let us know.<3

Hospital is really needed? Ugh I've asked a few people who I know have missed and they say it's going to be about a week of pain and no using iv.
But sliced potatoes wrapped in an ace bandage helps draw it out. The starch in the potatoes does.
That and heat compresses.

Well, I'm glad to hear your voice and know you are OK. Sounds dangerous to me. Infections can go septic quickly so just be cautious and monitor closely. Do you have a fever?

No I don't have a fever. I'm very clean with everything I do so I think I'm okay. With missing I guess you need to seek medical attention as soon as it's larger than 2centimeters in diameter and if it gets red streaks through it.
So far I'm good. But I'm definitely switching rigs.