• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anatabloc vs Nicotine

The Charmer

Greenlighter
Since anatabloc is available again it seems [link to vendor removed] I was wondering why anyone would want to take this as I remember the hype from before around anatabine?

Wouldn't straight nicotine, delivered as a gum or ecigarette be a lot better and a WHOLE lot cheaper than using anatabine?

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont believe I am allowed to tell you what would be cheaper or discuss price.

I am a heavy user of both nicotine gum get it by the 395 using about five or so a day and tobacco by the pound loose which i use as chewing tobacco.

I dont see how 2 mg of a minor tobacco alkaloid would be anywhere near superior to say 4 mg of nicotine gum. I could be wrong but im not going on faith just plain nicotine caffeine modafinil and adderall because all my nootropics the dozens of them did f*** all other than make me out of money.

Yeah I eat a lot of nicotine. And smoke a lot. I once priced, since we're not going to discuss prices, regular 4mg nicotine gum from WalGreens as more expensive than cocaine, by weight.

Anyway I can't find much for this compound being therapeutic (nicotine-wise) for animals other than Rhesus macaques and rats. Somehow it leads to them using less nicotine, but not using more anatabine instead. That makes it sound like it just blocks whatever bell-ringing receptor isoform carries the nicotine satisfaction signal. IOW, they chose macaques, cause monkeys can't tell you they're so depressed they wish they were dead.

I mean, you want me to cut back on smoking, you could cut my hands off and sew my lips shut. It would work, but no one would be happy.

I don't understand the mechanism, if anatabine, like nicotine, also agonizes alpha4beta2 and alpha7 cholinergic receptors. What is it that's supposed to be inhibiting reinforcement? Given there's plenty of human studies on thyroid cancer, Alzheimer's and routine inflammation, they should have done a few on smoking cessation. There's a lot of money still in that market, and the total lack of ads everywhere except forum posts, my hunch is it makes you feel like shit somehow.

And no, anatabine would be damn near free as an abundant tobacco product. Marked up some 10,000X in pill form, if it worked someone would have been rich a long time ago.

But then people do say I'm cynical.

With bupropion it makes sense though--it's antagonizing those receptors.

This anatabine seems to just agonize the same things nicotine does. How would that make monkeys smoke less?

Guys it?s not about price really. My question is more around how Anatabloc was so highly regarded by its users that you could see expired Anatabloc sold for [a lot of money].

What?s Anatabine got that Nicotine doesn?t in other words? Or was it truly the greatest con of all time?

The only thing I can see that users seem to like a lot is its anti inflammatory effects but I?m more interested in understanding how Anatabine?s nootropic effects compare to nicotine as I assume that?s the main reason people are buying it.

Why do I keep thinking the video ad is going to show up in this thread any minute? With answers to all our questions?

I'm sure there have been lots of cons that were "greater of all time" than just selling a nicotine analog as somehow not a different form of nicotine. Probably half the stuff next to it at GNC is in the running for "especially egregious con."

It seems to have anti-inflammatory properties, same as nicotine. And benefits in Alzhiemer's, just like nicotine.

If it did all that without making you jones for it like nicotine, it would be a miracle. If it was just like nicotine, though, it might make you jones so hard you pay [same large dollar amount mentioned above] for an expired sample pack.

Last edited:
Maybe I got sucked in by the guys from [a company] lol.

So conclusion is just use nicotine?

What they didn't tell you is that the monkey's were actually just given propofol, ambient and seroquel, and forgot how to use a lighter

The birds were given nicotine patches and meth, and told that the cigarettes had been laced by the monkeys.

You guys can't just read the extract, you have to go through the whole paper! Come on?

Now those are some angry birds. You know, there's got to have been some pigeons that have eaten a nicotine patch. I mean, it would be beyond lethal, but I wonder what they'd look like right before their hearts exploded. No, never mind. It was comical before I said heart explodes.

TheCharmer said:
So conclusion is just use nicotine?

Well, it's not really clear. The pharmacology I've found says it does the exact same thing as nicotine. There's no extra "addiction" receptor that nicotine hits and anatabine doesn't. But there may be more to it than I've found so far.

There was at least one study showing success with monkeys. But I didn't see anything with actual humans.

There was a lot of stuff on its other, mostly positive side effects. But nicotine does a lot of those things too. Nicotine could be used for Alzheimer's. But it's incredibly addictive, and has bad PR, so people don't develop it as a drug. This may be just a way around the PR. Eg., Conitine was briefly tried as an antidepressant. It's the long-lived metabolite of nicotine.

Really, if it works just like nicotine and its cheaper, then go for it.