confused abI have searched and searched and? Parentheses you t posting to old forums

Queenbean413

Greenlighter
Please help, I have been searching and searching and (you get the idea) and I cannot find an answer to my question. I have many questions and when I do my search I will pull up a forum but the posts are usually very old. If I post a question on an old forum would anyone see it? Like if anyone uses the search engine would that forum topic come up near The top of their results, since it has a recent post? I feel as though I?ll be a greenlighter forever if posting to old forums does not yield anything. It seems as though all of the forums I have found through your search engine are from 2010 and before. If posting and I won?t forums won?t help me with my questions, where can I post such questions? Thank you!

what do you mean by "old forum"?

what question are you trying to answer?

alasdair

Do you mean archived posts?

I think you might mean old Threads instead of Forums or sub-forums. If you make a new post to an old Thread it gets moved to the top of the list in the sub forum you post in... if that makes any sense??

You can always start a new Thread if you can't find the relevant info you're looking for through the search engine, but after a little practice and learning the intricacies of the search engine & advanced search, a wealth of information can be found.

It's best to post a pertinent question or point in old threads because answering a question from several years back will usually do the OP, Original Poster, little good as they will most likely not be around any more or no longer have the original problem or malady.

The usual places to post new threads that are drug related are -Basic-Drug-Discussion or -Other-Drugs

Welcome to BlueLight QueenBean413 :)

Blog, threads, forums...Oh My! This isn’t as easy as following the yellow brick road. I guess I’ll figure the difference b/t all of those as I continue to navigate this site from the inside. When you do an internet search on a certain topic, usually Bluelight pages on that topic are listed. What type of posts are those? Do u have any idea what I’m talking about because I’m not sure I do! Hahahahaha!

A post is what we're both writing now, it goes in a thread which gets a title in a sub forum and a sub forum gets a title in a forum. It mostly just works on three levels. Kind of like solitaire, each row of cards (posts) has it's own row (a thread) and the whole game is a Forum. I know, this probably isn't helping, but I think Internet searches bring up threads mostly with posts inside. There's also a search engine at the top right of the page, it has advanced searched too if your feeling daring. ;)
You can always send me a PM or find helpful people in here and across all of BL mostly.

https://www.bluelight.org/vb/search.php?do=process