• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Needingtochange

Iwilldothis!

Greenlighter
Hi all not really sure how this works or if anyone reads this hopefully someone does. Here goes.
I am currently going through withdrawals I last took codine on the 10th of January at 4pm we are now on 12th January. I was an abuser and not going to lie didn't take for pain and took for the high what started off a couple of pills turned Into 8 to 9 a night just to sleep. I made the decision to go cold turkey as they were making me physically sick but not sure if that was cause the amount I was taking wasn't working anymore so they were making me feel that way in order to take more. I became very lazy especially with my kids and would keep packets hidden around the house using every excuse to shove my partner out the door just to feel relaxed and spaced wrong I know! I have been really honest with him about this because I felt guilty every day and now feel a weight has been lifted. I'm currently going through cold sweats so far and mild diarrhoea not looking forward to tomorrow but as I've learned on here I'm trying to take each day at a time.

I'm going to try and keep this up as these two days have been hard and I know there is more to come physically and mentally but I'm so determined to get me back. I will be posting on here on a day to day basis just to keep myself sane. I can't wait to get back to normal. I'm sick of being dependent on these horrible things just to get a half hour high! So yeah ad my name state's I will do this!

Good luck, you'll succeed I'm sure of it! :D :)
BTW, welcome to Bluelight.org! :) <3

Mods & Admins: move to TDS or OD perhaps?

-- Peace o/

Hey and welcome. I too hid an opioid addiction for years from my family so I understand the negative feelings associated with doing so. But the important thing is you came clean and are attempting to right these wrongs. It can be done!!!

Im a going to move this thread over to Sober Living as you will get more advice and help there. Good luck.

Thank you. I felt like it was time. I'm sick of something controlling my life more than I do and want to turn it back around that I have control and not pills. I feel in control more as each day comes. 48 hours in and I feel ok just sweating alot, lack of appetite and small diarrhoea which isnt too bad at the min. Any words of encouragement are welcome as I feel like I will need it xxx

You have such a great attitude going into this! Keep up the good work and the great mind set, and you will be done in no time at all! Taking a hot shower will help you to feel more human and less sticky as the WDs move on. It sounds like you are handling them well so far! I'm glad you got to tell your partner the truth and feel better for it, the guilt can be more damaging than anything else!

Stay strong!

Last edited:
Thank you. I am going to try and stick to It I have a fantastic life great partner 3 beautiful boys and a full time job that I absolutely love so I have a lot going for me and more to give me the kick up the bum to finish with these pills no matter how bad withdrawals get xxx

I willl do this! ;) (just kidding, but sure enough, you CAN do it with the help of our wonderful BL Community am right or what? :D)

Stay strong and watch out (maybe even search these forums) for PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome) but you have had the worst I think reading your posts! :)

Kick that habit! <3

-- Peace o/

Thank you I'm hoping I'm nearly through the worst I've got the weekend off work but back to work Monday but at least it will keep my mind occupied and away from these things. But yeah I will do this!

Don't worry about PAWS, it rarely happens to people. Some people mistake the time right after the acute stage(depression, lack of energy....) with PAWS. PAWs is actually goingb through wds all over again months after being clean. It just doesn't happen that often, so don't worry about it.

Good luck in this endeavor to kick this habit... please keep us updated on your progress. We're here for you. ;)

Can you get your hands on some OTC stuff like Benadryl / Melatonin / Loperamide <-- take 12 mg, like 6 x 2 mg pills once a day and then quit taking the Loperamide after 3 to 5 days because it has it's good and bad vibes so to say... ;) :)

Also try to get a hold of a few Benzodiazepines aka Benzo's like Diazepam / Alprazolam / Clonazepam / Lorazepam which will work wonders when in withdrawals, also, try getting some Temazepam / Midazolam / Triazolam / Flunitrazepam in order to get a good nights' sleep (to help with the insomnia that happens when kicking the habit). Be carefyl, though, that you don't trade in an other addiction / dependance by keeping taking those little fuckers, once on the benzodiazepines physical dependance, quitting them could be fatal but then you would take like 30 mg of Diazepam fora year or two or so and on the bright shide: it's pretty damn hard to overdose on Benzodiazepines alone. :) (ask someone known as Backfromthebrink on this forum because he messed up, care to elaborate mate? ;) :D)

-- Peace o/

Hi thank you for all the advice I'm still going strong even though I'm tempted to just end the withdrawals with a quick fix. I see it as I'm 55 hours into this now why quit and be back to square one. I can't wait to get to the stage where I'm not wanting anymore as they do destroy lives. Seem good at the time but in the long run when they stop working and more is needed. I look at my family every day and they give me the strength to do this and it helps that my partner knows and supports me fully even letting me have a couple hours sleep here and there just to take my mind off it. But yeah still going strong so far and will keep posting as this thread is helping me loads so thank you all ?

How are you doing, and have you followed my advice on the Loperamide or Benzodiazepines thing? :)

Keep it up my man! <3 "thumbs up"

-- Peace o/

In my experience benzodiazepines always destroy my willpower and I find myself submitting to cravings much easier under their influence.
Loperamide however, could help you, as well as Phenyramidol(Cabral) for muscle pain and analgesia, GBL for anti anxiety instead of benzos.
We are here for support and I would be more than glad to answer your questions if you have any. Feel free to PM any time.
Keep up the good work,
Tez

Last edited:
Hi all I'm doing ok not taking anything to sub because I don't want to become dependent on anything else I want to rid my body if the stuff completely. I've still not taken any and really trying to go strong with this it's hard but I'm keeping busy trying to keep my mind occupied on other things. I just keep thinking one hour at a time that's my motto reading through other people's posts really have been helping and other people's experiences with taking them and withdrawals I'm now 68 hours in and feel shaky and sweating but honestly do think I can do this.

Hi all I'm doing ok not taking anything to sub because I don't want to become dependent on anything else I want to rid my body if the stuff completely. I've still not taken any and really trying to go strong with this it's hard but I'm keeping busy trying to keep my mind occupied on other things. I just keep thinking one hour at a time that's my motto reading through other people's posts really have been helping and other people's experiences with taking them and withdrawals I'm now 68 hours in and feel shaky and sweating but honestly do think I can do this.

Taking NSAIDs(Phenyramidol) and GBL to cope with withdrawal is not substitution.
Loperamide however may account as such due to being an opiate, however it does not cross the BBB so it functions only on gastric mu receptors, and performs to increase stool density and to lessen stomach convulsions/pain.
You can do it mate,
Tez

I know and thank you I'm trying to do this proper cold turkey do it gives me the kick up the backside to never go through this again. So far so good and doing this just drinking water and plenty of it I feel my system flushing out so good signs so far. Physical symptoms not been really bad enough to take anything to help but I don't know what else is to come or whether this is nearing the end?

The loperamide will help like others have said. 12-20mg really calms down the body. Lope is a opioid that attaches to the receptors in your stomach and clams the body down. It takes a couple hours to kick in, but lasts almost 24hrs. And like others have said, only take it for a few days, if you do.

Just had my first thing to eat in 4 days so there's a positive tbh I don't really feel the need to take anything else for the withdrawals just taking each step and symptom as they come. Past the 72 hour Mark now hopefully I'm coming to the end of all this and I can resume my life back as it was before all the pills