• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

G73 Green Pill (Opana I beleive) vs Roxycodone 30mg

Ron_1980

Greenlighter
Hello,

Just need some help fellow community for a friend of mine. His tolerance for opiates is relatively low, although he has been taking them for months (He purposely does not want to increase it.)

His highest dose of Roxy taken orally is that he cuts the 30mg pill into 3 pieces and takes 10mg per dose orally ever 3.5 to 4 hours. He feels pretty nice off the 10 mg (although he probably could handle another 5, he doesnt want to increase his dose.) Yesterday, he got the green G73 pill which he doesnt know anything about. He is considering snorting it, since he's heard the oral biovailability is only 10%, as opposed to Roxy which is above 90%.

The question I had to you folks is, how many MG of the G73 pill snorted will deliver an equivalent high of 10mg Roxy taken orally? Also, is the euphoria from G73 better, worse, or the same as the Roxy? Please help as I don't want him to hurt himself by snorting too much and at the same time, I don't want him to build his tolerance any further. By that I mean if he starts taking too high of doses of the G73, he may ruin his tolerance with 10mg Roxy and the 15mg Hydro he takes which has him feeling warm and fuzzy enough. Please help find an equivalent dose.

Oxymorphone is, when taken orally considered about twice as strong as oxycodone on a mg to mg basis but you are absolutely correct in stating that the intranasal bioavailability is significantly higher than oral and would require further dose reduction. Id say 1 to 1.5mg would be a good starting dose but splitting the pill that much is daunting.

Is he looking for pain relief or to get high as Im not entirely clear? If its the former, Id say just swallow it. Its extended release and he wont need to redose. If he wants to get high, nasal is definitely the way to go as I dont want to advicate IV use of pharmaceuticals not intended for such routes (ok they arent intended for nasal use either but the complications are less).

Euphoria is very subjective. Personally, nothing beats oxycodone to me, but oxymorphone isnt that far off.

This is my first time posting on here, so apologies in advance if there's anything wrong with my reply.

Kittycat5, I really appreciate the quick response. Your information is very helpful. He's looking to get high only and no pain relief from it. So its safe to say that if taken orally, the 20mg Opana is equivalent to 40mg of oxy which would be slowly released over a period of 12 hours? SInce he has 40 of them, I guess he can experiment a little to find what works safely. I'm thinking of letting him know to try and break the pill into 2 equal parts using his pill cutter. That way, he gets 2 extended release doses equivalent to 20mg of oxy at first and just see how he feels from that. Let me know if that makes logical sense (would splitting it irradicate the time release on it and make it instant release?)

If snorted, then that definitely does sound like a daunting task to split the pill into 20 equal parts, but from a financial standpoint, it also makes a lot of sense and provides excellent value as he has been spending way too much keeping up with this habit lately. If he can get 15 to 20 doses from that one pill, that sounds great. He can purchase a scale to measure and ensure he's getting the right dose everytime.

Splitting the pill can defeat the time release (its not recommended by the official labeling) but to be frank I do not remember the exact mechanism of the extended release. What I do know is that it can be fairly easily crushed for nasal use which isnt the case for things like Oxycontin and would venture to guess there is more a risk for dumping more of the dose immediately with oxymorphone ER than others.

The Opana er?s that have dealt with, we?re imo not suitable for intranasal. Of course considering the BA% increase(and increase in potency) is so so dramatic you could probably crush it up finely enough and still get better results;

Snorting it could be up to 10x more potent than oral oxycodone mg per mg, although that would be without a form that gels up

And the green were 30mg if not mistaken(please use google and simply if your tablet, we do not do that here and it makes no sense not to)

If that is the case, 1/8th of a tablet could be to much if you actually got enough to absorb.

Maybe you should just stick with P.O.; it will take longer to kick in though it will last longer, and still be at least as potent as oxy(assume it is still twice as potent, for the sake of safety)

OP, this comment is clearly not in the realm of what we call harm reduction but for opana, nasal will definitely give you the most bang for your buck. And please don't be afraid to write your question in the first person as it seems pretty clear to me you are asking for yourself and there is nothing whatsoever wrong in doing that here at BL. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. Ok, I will just take it orally since it?s 2x as strong as oxy and 40mg of oxy over a 12 hour period would definitely have me feeling good. The Opana is definitely crushable and 20mg green pill. It has G73 printed on the pill. Will let you guys know how it goes!! I haven?t used it yet because I have 15 mg roxys and 10mg norcos that I have been using, but starting to run a bit low. Supposed to pick up 30 mg roxys this weekend but that sh!t gets way too expensive. I wonder why the cost of the roxy is so much higher than the Opana? Any clue?

^People are idiots; Although with a near unlimited supply of either, it would be morphine all the pay(for private use, for SCUBA)
though Oxy IRS are a rare oxymorphone

Hi Ron, I see you're new here to Bluelight so welcome to the community! I wanted to reiterate with BeachBum said. Our focus is on harm reduction and we try to steer away from topics like which drugs get you the best high, pill imprints/identification and cost differences. Just to give you a heads up. ;)