• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

60 Hours into opiate withdrawal...

Mtatz88

Bluelighter
What?s up guys? New user here... was using oxy 30mg and Percocet for about 1 1/2 - 2 years. Worked my way up to about 150-200mg habit a day. Decided to stop cold turkey, I?m currently on my 60th hour clean. Besides crazy insomnia, the chills and diarrhea and vomiting 1st day, I feel pretty good. Don?t have the urge to even want to take them. I am also eating a good amount and do have an appetite. Am I almost past the point of physical pain?

Well it sounds like you are doing pretty well all things considered.:) What got you into them in the first place? My advice is always to tackle those issues as you are also focusing on the physical WD. Because when and if (more when than if;)) cravings start up in the future you will want to have strategies in place.

I started taking them after I was in a bad car accident and became addicted to them. I?m almost at my 72 hour mark and feel pretty good not depressed or anything actually just started laughing out of nowhere and had that whole euphoric feeling through my body which is kind of weird feeling that without taking them pills. Still have the runs and insomnia but I am going to try some edibles before bed to sleep...

The.laughter out of the blue is pretty much par for the course. As you progress along you will probably experience crazy floods of emotions from crying to laughing. There was another thread about this recently if I am remembering correctly. You'll probably find it interesting. Good luck!

What?s up guys? New user here... was using oxy 30mg and Percocet for about 1 1/2 - 2 years. Worked my way up to about 150-200mg habit a day. Decided to stop cold turkey, I?m currently on my 60th hour clean. Besides crazy insomnia, the chills and diarrhea and vomiting 1st day, I feel pretty good. Don?t have the urge to even want to take them. I am also eating a good amount and do have an appetite. Am I almost past the point of physical pain?

You are almost past physical pain. IME 96 hours (4 days) is the red line where acute opiate withdrawal symptoms end. Should be able to sleep after 72 hours (I find the first 3 days impossible to sleep during).
Doing well, mate, we are here for support if you need. Feel free to PM.
Keep it up!
Tez

Well I finally got some sleep last night, took an edible but took way too much... had a bad trip for what felt like forever but finally knocked out and got about 5 hours of sleep. I?m on my 85th hour and feel fine. Eating and all. Been drinking Gatorade to keep hydrated...

Good to hear. Two of the chewable Pepto Bismal tablets can be amazing for stopping the runs.

The store brand Imodium I got seems to work good... definitely binds me up...I?m just still trying to come down from this edible high lol. Had a horrible trip on edible last night at 9:30 I started taking it and ended up taking the whole thing over 2 hours and thought I was going to die by 2:30am. It?s 9:18 the next night now and I still feel weird from the edible. Hopefully I sleep good tonight, I?m definitely tired..

That's amazing. I've used for as long as you have and stopped cold turkey and I made it to day 8 but for some reason my mental symptoms were harder to get past than the physical symptoms. I started having random emotions coming back too though! I'm jealous you felt good so quickly.. felt like death so far each day mostly.

What?s up all? I?m on my 107th hour, woke up this morning and felt like throwing up, I don?t know if it?s the edible wearing off or not but I feel alright now... I?m drinking Gatorade and going to eat some breakfast soon.

I?m on my 6th day today, woke up feeling some nausea, same as yesterday but seems to go away after I eat. Other than the insomnia and kind of boredom/depressed feeling I?m doing fine. I?ve been getting some sleep, few hours here wake up and then another 2-3 hours..

Whenever you feel bored or depressed you have a little opportunity to address how you will respond to those feelings. When I look back at challenging situations I have been in (either emotional or physical) I can definitely see with hindsight that I got something useful out of the experience. This usually isn't something you can see at the time but if you can inject that little tiny bit of optimism into your thinking when you are actually feeling a difficult emotion it can have a very positive ripple effect in your life overall.<3

Also you should start making out some goals now, from short term (get something back you may have pawned for drug money) to long term (get the job you wanted or go back to school). YOU'RE OFF DOPE!! Even if you were getting it from doctors, you will have a lot more time, money, etc. now. Start making goals for what you want to do and accomplish now that you have the chains off. Focus on those goals and imagine succeeding at them when you feel down. It helped me a lot. Honestly the boredom was much tougher for me than any kind of depression. Being on dope is a crazy roller coaster ride and a lot of us get used to those ups and downs. But making checklists as you work towards your goals will help give you a path of what to spend your time on in the beginning.

Today is day 8 for me, I took a little piece of a Xanax last night and I got some good sleep, woke up this morning feeling better than ever. So refreshing to get some sleep, not depressed or anything. I don?t want to take the Xanax every night becaus I don?t want trade one opiate for a Xanax habit.

Today is day 8 for me, I took a little piece of a Xanax last night and I got some good sleep, woke up this morning feeling better than ever. So refreshing to get some sleep, not depressed or anything. I don?t want to take the Xanax every night becaus I don?t want trade one opiate for a Xanax habit.

Yeah, that is definitely not a trade you want to make. With opiate WDs, you at least know you will make it. You just have to make it out. Benzo WDs can be fatal.

I totally understand needing some sleep to keep your head right, but definitely do be careful using benzos during opiate WDs.

Yeah, that is definitely not a trade you want to make. With opiate WDs, you at least know you will make it. You just have to make it out. Benzo WDs can be fatal.

I totally understand needing some sleep to keep your head right, but definitely do be careful using benzos during opiate WDs.

I only have a few 2mg Xanax bars so I break them into 3?s and use them sparingly. I can?t belive how good I felt waking up this morning after finally getting some good sleep. I will try to sleep tonight without using a piece of it..

It is nice to see a good positive approach to opiate withdrawal. OP you certainly are not a complainer. :) Good for you. I remember in one of my many hospital detoxes off of H years ago on day two the group asked me how I felt and I said like a million bucks. I mean, what else am I going to say? It will end. Your body and mind is balancing out.

It is nice to see a good positive approach to opiate withdrawal. OP you certainly are not a complainer. :) Good for you. I remember in one of my many hospital detoxes off of H years ago on day two the group asked me how I felt and I said like a million bucks. I mean, what else am I going to say? It will end. Your body and mind is balancing out.

I feel great, if my sleep would just come back I?d be at 100%. I?m happy all day, don?t ever have urges to want to take them. The sleep kills me though, definitely the worst part for me. But like I said I take a little piece of Xanax and I?m good to sleep.

What?s up everybody? I?m on day 10 today. Feeling awesome. Never thought I?d feel this happy again being off those pills. I feel like I?m back to the old me before I started taking them. Only thing that isn?t back to normal is my sleep, but I?ve been taking a little piece of Xanax at night and I sleep most of the night.