• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Generic Adderall IR Vs. XR

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I take both now. I've noticed that the XR feels very different than the IR. Not just in terms of the timed release, but it almost feels like a different drug. A much more chilled out sort of energy rather than the speediness of the XR. In fact, it even seems to kind of add a "calming" quality to the usual speediness of the IR. Is this is just a subjective difference in how I perceive the effects or if its possible that generic adderall IR is actually a slightly different type of amph than the generic XR's. Thoughts? The past couple days I've been taking an XR with my IR, it does feel very different.

Last edited:
I myself have not had the chance to try the IRs, but I was on 20mg XRs and from everything I heard about amps, it felt NOTHING like that to me. There's definitely something different about them. I've snorted Ritalin a dozen times and that always gives me a "cocaine lite" speedy/euphoric rush, and I'm currently on Vyvance (basically XR Dexedrine) and THAT feels like what I think Adderall SHOULD feel like... energy, motivation, a bit of euphoria. The Adderall XRs would literally put me to SLEEP!! They made me feel very mellow and chill, not much energy or motivation but all my anxiety was gone at least. But too many days in a row made me feel brain-dead and I hated it, plus they never lasted long enough for me. You could try to crush them up (dump the beads into a small cup and grind them into a very fine powder with a spoon or something) and either snort the powder, swallow it with some water, or plug it. I did that a few times trying to figure out if I could break the XR mechanism and get "real" Adderall, and it does sorta kinda work... But yea to answer your question you're not alone, they feel very weird to me.

The excipients could have a possible effect but not all that likely. The mixed amphetamine salts are probably from the same bulk supplier if it's a large manufacturer, but that's not all that important as the quality control standards on amp production are usually tip top. The diffusion profile most likely has quite a bit to do with the subjective "speediness" and whether it's a bi-phasic release or not. Like dumping 35% at once then leeching the rest over 7 hours to make a 12 hour dosage or just slowly diffusing at a controlled rate over the 6-8 hours to wear off in 12.

On a side note this isn't exactly HR info and more of a DC type post.

We really don't like to have threads dedicated to the alleged difference between medications. It causes a lot of hysteria and is almost always, certainly in your head. Granted, yes, there can be some minute differences from preparation to preparation, but we don't like threads that claim different preparations are of a different strength. It's not good, because these drugs are required by law to be completely uniform, down to a 3rd percentile of potency.

Some people might read this and then believe that their drugs are different or not as potent and that's just not how the pharmaceutical industry works. Closing this in favor of more productive conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.