Terrible muscle pains

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
In need of some help here.

I have not long finished a benzo taper, very pleased with myself for finally getting off that crap.....Horrible drug which was prescribed to me for anxiety.

Since finishing my benzo taper my muscles really hurt which was kind of to be expected as they are muscle relaxants........But my hamstrings hurt like crazy, pain in them is awful. I have Baclofen here and was told by my Dr its good for muscle pain.....But!! It seems it is yet another addictive drug that works on GABA. Reading online some people have said about Taurine, a natural supplement that is meant to ease muscle pain, but I am sure Taurine is found in energy drinks and the last thing I want to feel is heaps of energy as I already have that due to anxiety!

Any advice on any natural supplements or non addictive drugs I can take for these muscle pains would be great!

Thanks in advance.

I have not long finished a benzo taper, very pleased with myself for finally getting off that crap.....Horrible drug which was prescribed to me for anxiety.

Since finishing my benzo taper my muscles really hurt which was kind of to be expected as they are muscle relaxants........But my hamstrings hurt like crazy, pain in them is awful. I have Baclofen here and was told by my Dr its good for muscle pain.....But!! It seems it is yet another addictive drug that works on GABA. Reading online some people have said about Taurine, a natural supplement that is meant to ease muscle pain, but I am sure Taurine is found in energy drinks and the last thing I want to feel is heaps of energy as I already have that due to anxiety!

Any advice on any natural supplements or non addictive drugs I can take for these muscle pains would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Hey bro. Fist off, well done for getting off the benzos...that must have reslly rough..

Regarding the muscle pains, normally I'd say speak to a doctor, but it sounds like you've already done that. Some muscle pain when stopping benzos is expected but this sounds worse than that. Bacolfen is indeed in the gabagenic class but not anywhere near as addictive as benzos, GBL, Pregabalin, etc. It's not euphoric in anyway. Have you actuslly tried it yet? If so did it help?

Regarding the taurine, I've never seen any evidence that it helps..and the amounts in energy drinks is likely so small you'd need several of them leading to too much caffeine etc.

Have you ever tried hot baths with muscle relaxant bubble bath? Helps me loads. And sports muscle rubs...the hot ones (especially if you get your gf to rub it in lol)...alsov those cheap 1 time use sticky heating pads....all helps

Hopefully others will have some ideas too

Taurine won't boost your energy at all (one of the more bizarre ingredients in energy drinks, along with glucuronolactone). In fact it'll activate GABAa.

However the idea regarding muscle pain is to do with the way it stabilizes cell membranes and aids in correcting salt imbalances.

It's certainly worth a try and cheap to buy - start at 5g per day and see if it does anything.

Other than that, definitely you could try foam rollers, stretching, deep tissue massage, electric massage devices, hot baths/showers etc :)

Diclofenac gel like Voltarol (and other gels) works pretty good in seconds for me when Im having pain and no access to oxycodone or withdrawals. I think some are on prescription, some arent

Hot baths are great^ and if you have access to a jacuzzi or steam room/sauna at a gym or something they work well

Thanks in advance.

Try phenyramidol (market name Cabral) as a muscle relaxant and NSAID/analgesic.
Now try saying pharmaceutical.
If you said it right you said tih-kal without even noticing.
I prefer saying pharmaceutical instead of drug, I find it is classier indeed.
I hope phenyramidol helps you. You can always entertain some cannabis if it is available to you.
Your brother,
Tez

Crazy how benzos effect some people.

How many mg a day were you on? I can do 2mg for months and stop cold turkey and not really even notice much. Maybe a tiny bit of rebound anxiety.

Crazy how benzos effect some people.

How many mg a day were you on? I can do 2mg for months and stop cold turkey and not really even notice much. Maybe a tiny bit of rebound anxiety.

8o Seriously ......I was on 1mg a day for 8 years and was addicted to the horrible stuff. So so glad I am now free from it. Now I just need to do a very slow withdrawal from diazepam as I have been on as much as 50mg as prescribed a day for 18 years. From what I have read Clonazepam is a harder benzo to withdraw from, so kind of hoping my diazepam withdrawal will not be as bad, then once off that I will taper my SSRI (Citalopram) and be free from all of these head f#ck meds.

Whats annoying is if you mention the word 'Steroids' to a Dr he or she will look at you in disgust yet is happy to prescribe addictive meds like benzos. I never had any problems when using dbol in the 90's and I was abusing it in a big way, no addiction or anything like that.

8o Seriously ......I was on 1mg a day for 8 years and was addicted to the horrible stuff. So so glad I am now free from it. Now I just need to do a very slow withdrawal from diazepam as I have been on as much as 50mg as prescribed a day for 18 years. From what I have read Clonazepam is a harder benzo to withdraw from, so kind of hoping my diazepam withdrawal will not be as bad, then once off that I will taper my SSRI (Citalopram) and be free from all of these head f#ck meds.

Whats annoying is if you mention the word 'Steroids' to a Dr he or she will look at you in disgust yet is happy to prescribe addictive meds like benzos. I never had any problems when using dbol in the 90's and I was abusing it in a big way, no addiction or anything like that.

Sorry, must have misunderstood...I thought you said you had finished your benzo taper and finally "gotton of that crap"...But you're still on diazepam? Silly question, but you know diazepam is a benzo right?

Just catching up on interesting threads here as I only just joined, but was curious to see how things have gone recently for you, still getting muscle pain?

I had been using an ibuprofen 10% gel but recently discovered capsaicin cream and I think it might be better for muscles if, like me, you enjoy a workout but suffer chronic pain. May be worth checking out if you have still got problems, it's not narcotic at all, just gives a warm burning heat from peppers, really helps me.