• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis for opioid withdrawl

tuck3838

Greenlighter
Im going through post acute withdrawl from 8 years of being on suboxone and heroin befor that.

Has anyone used cannabis to ease the symptoms of opioid withdrawl. I tryed it last night but iv been clean for 70 days and i obvuously had no tolorance to weed and i got super super stoned. So im hoping when i grow a tol. Back to it it will help with the depression and lack of sleep.

This might sound stupid but i think it will help with the fatigue as well by changing my mindset and helping me get some sleep.

I was an opiate user for many years. Been clean for several months. Through my withdrawal i found that bud would ease the body pain and help with nausea. The best thing i found that helped me through withdrawal was methocarbamol a muscle relaxent used for muscle spasms.

For the worst of fentanyl withdrawal (gravity torture) my go-to was ghb + phenyramidol + dissociatives + 4fa + nm2201. Although a popular suggestion benzos did not help at all they destroyed my willpower and made me give into cravings instead.

Hope this helps,
Tez

Im going through post acute withdrawl from 8 years of being on suboxone and heroin befor that.

Has anyone used cannabis to ease the symptoms of opioid withdrawl. I tryed it last night but iv been clean for 70 days and i obvuously had no tolorance to weed and i got super super stoned. So im hoping when i grow a tol. Back to it it will help with the depression and lack of sleep.

This might sound stupid but i think it will help with the fatigue as well by changing my mindset and helping me get some sleep.
From my experience pot can?t touch the worst of withdrawl symptoms. A benzo or sedative is more appropriate to quell those symptoms.
And yet pot is such an essential medicine for the mind. Smoke it instead of using heroin. If you need a safe intoxicant... pot?s your choice

Im through the worst of the withdrawl its just that feeling ...i cant evan describe it but it sucks someone just reminded me of this suplement called 5 htp im guna give that a try thaks guys

5hydroxytryptophan is a serotonin precursor, you may want to purchase some l-tyrosine and phenyramidol while you are at the pharmacy. L-tyrosine is a dopamine/norepi/endorphin precursor and phenyramidol is a muscle relaxant.
Get well soon!
Tez

I'd hate to kick without weed...
It doesn't touch the worst of withdrawal, but it can help you ride it out, and i think if you kind of replace opiates with it, it means you're not having to do it completely sober. Like you're still a bit high, but not on opiates, so for me it doesn't feel so raw to be clean, whatever that means for you.
I rarely smoke in daylight hours, for what it's worth.

And yeah - as for changing your mindset; i get quite moody when in detox, but weed can help shift really bad moods, i find.
So in that sense i consider weed a must-have for WD, but i've been a stoner for years.

Some people quit opiates and quit all drugs, because they want to start afresh.
Wheras when i quit, i just wanted to be off opiates, or whatever it is i'm coming off. I don't see weed as a problem, and i quite enjoy it.
I think if it works for you, go for it. There's no harm in trying it. For me it's a great way to manage cravings, moods and sleep.

Iv never heard of that phenyramidol ill have to find that as well thanks again:)

Nice yea im going to see if my doc will prescribe them then they will be free

Ive never had opiate withdrawal, but I would assume cannabis would definitely help with cravings and possible insomnia. Additionally, it should make you relatively hungry so you maintain a healthy diet. Make sure to take vitamins and get plenty of rest. Stay safe man!

cannabis can be a game changer when it comes to withdrawals, it's such an amazing plant.

Ive never had opiate withdrawal, but I would assume cannabis would definitely help with cravings and possible insomnia. Additionally, it should make you relatively hungry so you maintain a healthy diet. Make sure to take vitamins and get plenty of rest. Stay safe man!

Vitamins is actually a really good piece of advice that a lot of people probably neglect.

Magnesium is good and i believe potassium can help with the RLS.

Plus, a multivitamin can't hurt.

I smoked last night and slept the whole night i talked to the people i live with and i ate alot of food.

Im still going to get the vitamins i think they would help alot as well thanks again everyone

besides vitamins and weed i don't recommend any other medicine, from any kind, in that case you are switching drugs not stopping, but weed is so "safe" and can help so much i think its worth.

besides vitamins and weed i don't recommend any other medicine, from any kind, in that case you are switching drugs not stopping, but weed is so "safe" and can help so much i think its worth.

I don't think that the OP is looking to stop using pharmaceuticals. I suggest any advice that would alleviate pain such as GBL, baclofen, phenyramidol are therefore welcome.
Tez

Iv got baclofen and now i have magneseium oxide wich i think has a lower rate of absorbtion than mag. Citrate so im takin three of them and that equals 750mg and two emergen-Ca packets in the morning

And im obly trying to quit alcohol benzons coke and opioids

Wide range of pharmaceuticals you're trying to avoid there. I'm glad you have baclofen, magnesium supplements are welcome although not directly useful. 750mg a day could strain your kidneys if taken for longer than five consecutive days.
Tez