• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis for opioid withdrawl

The only drugs im not goung to stop are halucinegouns ans pot .... thats my plan but opiates are sounding fantastic right now.

Man I've been oxy sick for like a month... due to a couple relapses. In the Autumn I made it 2 months and felt so damn good after the first month and my life was improving so much. I'm back in recovery now - creativity zapped, depressed, muscles aches feel like I'm burnt alive. All this bs.

I find that smoking pot helps but in moderation. This is a general rule of pot for me... less is more. I was giggling last night at yoga as I waited the day to smoke.

I get mild withdrawals from cannabis itself, so in order to get any sort of relief of opioid withdrawal I need to cut back so I can feel the herb again (I needed to do this anyway).

I was smoking 20 1 1/4" joints a day or so... chaining. It was so stupid I wasn't even high anymore and there were a lot of diminished effects and now cravings. But yeah, since I started smoking 3 joints a day, weighed out as .5 to .7 depending on how much I want to get... this is the only thing keeping me sane at this point. I have about a week right now, I've been too messed up to count the days but I started doing hot yoga daily.

I have a class soon just an hour from now I'm psyched! Gonna be baked as hell since I haven't smoked yet today and smoke on the way there. Stoner yoga is SICK and definitely helps opiate withdrawal too! Which if you are anything like me and have a long term habit knows how bad and painful that shit can get. It's beyond words. Relapse is what gets to me as I can ruin months of progress literally in 1 or 2 days. I'll try to stick to my benzos and indica but if I had some afghan #4 in front of me right now I would not hesitate. It's shit... at least I got chron today and a little etiz : ) smokin OG right before stoner yoga! lol. Man... when weed is legal here they should totally have hotbox yoga studios. I'd pay a little extra to have a few ounces vaporized in that small room lol. I love the classes at this studio, I just don't like that I can't take a bong rip in between asanas.

Honest hang in there if you've ever been clean you know what I mean. Shit is so much better no matter who you are after a good month or two. Even 3 weeks, I wasn't waking up wishing I was dead anymore. Best of luck as because addicted to heroin and oxy's has been torture for me. The first year or 2 were great, but then I began to resent what I had become, and I'm still trying to get the fuck out of acute withdrawal AGAIN. Pisses me off sometimes the error of my ways... what the fuck was I thinking that habitual heroin use was acceptable at all. It like, turns off the part of my brain that knows it is fucking garbage as soon as I use any opiate at all. Otherwise, I don't even get cravings unless they are subconscious and impulsive. I despise opiates.

I have felt like complete shit since 5am... I'm getting into the post-acute symptoms more, but cannabis helps so much that without it I will freak mentally. It keeps me mellow in tough times.

I am noticing a drastic improvement in the therapeutic effects of cannabis by spreading out my doses, only smoking pretty big joints (just like .5 - .7 of chron) and no more than 3 a day. I was smoking pounds before, and not feeling shit, so it's amazing to actually feel high for once, as opiates are no longer really capablle of getting me high anymore. My tolerance skyrockets within a single dose, and that first dose is more dangerous than ever sine I don't know my tolerance and tend to get reckless. Someone close to me found me slouched over in a chair nodding for 8 hours straight without moving recently. I need to quit, I don't know what the fuck I'm thinking risking my life like that.

Those waterfalls are sick! By the way, I'd totally recommend 2c-c or 2c-d if you can get them for psychedelic-stimulant microdosing during withdrawal. 2c-c is my favourite psychedelic, along with dmt that I have tried. Binged on it for a few months.... haha.

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree with Shroomy that with cannabis less is more. For that reason, I have to recommend a vaporizer for consumption. Its the least wasteful and gets you really high! Plus, after youre done vaping whats left over is already been vaped (AVB) and can be eaten as it is. I like to make edibles as well as inhale cannabis, both have extreme medical benefits, just dont overdo it if you can help it.

Less is indeed more with cannabis. I can get into a bad habit of it, and end up craving a bong toke on the hour and I never really get that high anymore. There is no longer that shift in awareness, and I start to feel tired and burnt out regardless of how I consume the cannabis, which can vary but is presently exclusively bong. Not remember dreams sucks as well but I sometimes end up burning through way too much.

I don't have to cut back very much for the effects to completely change and my tolerance to drop significantly. Even waiting 4 hours between bong tokes today changed my day. I got high each time off less, and I felt sharper overall.

It's nice to smoke a couple pounds of harvest in opiate withdrawal but I am am month clean from a wicked bad long term opiate habit in a few hours. Now that I am finally feeling better after wasting my life away either numb or feeling out of sorts since mid December, it is time to cut back on the cannabis. Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't want to smoke too much. I find that it sort of ruins weed for me, I end up in a place where I am far too complacent for the incarnation that has been granted to me this time.

If I smoke too little weed though, where's the fun in that? It may have taken 15 years, but I am finally grasping the concept of the middle way. In terms of drugs and I, it can only be done with a few, namely cannabis and tea. I am not about to try to moderate heroin use, as due to opiate tolerance mechanisms now that I have a long term habit and have been clean for a while, I find that using is a huge overdose risk compared to before. Weed helps me keep my head straight in withdrawal, and it gives me something to do... perpetually roll and chain smoke outdoor. It really does help to do this, if you remember to keep hydrated and all the other detox stuff too.

I have not used it moderately in withdrawal as I get stressed and fiend but I think it might help with the depression / anhedonia which is one of the worst effects for me. If I smoke too much pot in a day I lose any potential stoner euphoria or uplifting effect, though. Not that I want to smoke weed all day at this time of my life there are too many problems I didn't have before. I'm not as happy and hope to be well soon. The herb is definitely helping with the aftermath but it can be constructive or destructive. Depends on the individual and their smoking habits. For myself a heavy rip every 4 hours is great, maybe a little much, but with longer stretches every couple of days I can get high as fuck every time after 15 years. Not all drugs work that way weed is too great! (if used right... moderation is one of the greatest lessons to be learned from cannabis)

Weed also helped me a ton coming off a 6 year dope habit. Coupled with Excedrin Back and Body (APAP & Buffered Aspirin), did a fair job of relieving a lot of the discomfort. Shit, I haven't done dope in a decade and I still have restless legs lol. It's important to remember everyone is different. I'm glad you got the baclophen, I had some through one of my attempts at quitting and it helped a lot.

You mentioned that you're going to quit drinking too. Good idea. Until I noticed you wrote that I typed out- don't do what I did and start drinking everyday to replace dope. DTs were the worst experience of my life hands down. Nothing helped and I didn't eat for like 3 weeks.

My life has been pretty decent since I've limited it to smoking all the time and eating some boomers once or twice a year. Hasn't caused any issues in my life. I hope you have the same experience.

Last edited:
Yeah I had around that long of a habit too. It was hell on earth after the first few years. It could have ended so much worse, I am very lucky. I hid it from my family, apart from one time when I was found slouched over nodding for 8 hours but junkies talk their way out of anything.

I haven't used H sine last July except once and I have been chronically relapsing on oxy scripts since late last summer but I almost have 5 weeks again and I've been hitting the bong hard! Can't imagine life without weed right now I'd freak from the stress, it's like waking up 5/6 years later to the torn remnants of what used to be your stable life and identity. I'll be smokin all day, and before my interview today too. I really hope it goes well, would be a chill recovery job somewhere there's a mellow vibe. I was a highly functional heroin addict that went through more education and a couple great jobs but I ended up with fuckin nothin of course. Way she goes. Sometimes she goes. Sometimes she doesn't.

Just adding a big yes vote for cannabis having a productive role in getting off opioids.

It never really did much for me during acute WDs. But in the weeks/months after that, smoking weed (pretty liberally) really helped my headspace.