• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Substance induced Music Appreciation - More in depth

ThomasD

Bluelighter
Wasn't 100% sure where to post this, thought here would be best. So i'd like to talk about, in a lot of depth, my experiences with substance induced music appreciation. And this is a lil different because I really wanted to see if others could relate but were unable to describe it in words.

Cannabis:
Weed's music enhancement doesn't always seem that noticeable sometimes for me, and only lasts around 15-45 mins after smoking depending on the quality. It seems to allow me to delve deeper into the music and focus on singular instruments, whereas when sober I focus on the sound as a whole, naturally. Clarity seems to be slightly enhanced, and there's a clear 3D surround effect along with an increased punch in rhythm and bass. The emotionality of the music seems to be slightly enhanced. Music also seems slightly slower and feels 'closer', as if the presence area has been upped a couple dbs.

MDMA:
I don't seem to be as much of a fan with this one compared to the majority. Music is significantly different, and is noticeable as soon as the music begins playing, unlike weed where I have to focus for a few minutes and go deep into the music to 'get there'. Music on MDMA is brighter, considerably more emotional and as with most people there is a significant love for EDM and the likes. However, I always feel too restless on MDMA to choose a track, and when I do, the music goes by so fast I can barely notice and appreciate it :/ I seem to be more sensitive to sound on MDMA and prefer peace and quiet. I'd NEVER go to a club/rave on MDMA.

Amphetamine:
I quite like music on speed. It's like a milder and more relaxed version of the MDMA music enhancement, almost as if weed and MDMA's music enhancement was combined in low doses. Don't have much to say about it really, other than I can seem to hear extremely high pitched sounds above 16khz and I can clearly hear sub-bass tones below 20hz...

Ketamine:Oh boy this is an odd one. On high - strong doses of K music is completely destroyed. The sounds can seem to come from virtually any random direction, and can become slightly distorted and echoed. The emotionality of the music doesn't exist for me on higher doses, and rhythm doesn't seem to exist either. The highs and the bass are hugely suppressed leaving an echoey cold midrange. Sometimes it's as if the music cuts off on sub k-hole doses and comes back again, like an audible representation of visual scenery slicing.

Diphenhydramine:
I know i'm not the only one one to experience this. This is the best music enhancer for me. Music seems to take a 3D effect, but greater than that of weed. Music becomes indescribably emotional, deep, clear and I can hear sounds that you literally cannot hear even slighly when sober, and they pop out as loud as the major instruments. It's as if there is an enormous orb around your head with sounds coming from everywhere. A concert in your brain. Please everybody give this a try - this isn't in delirium doses. This is between 75mg and 150mg. Completely safe just keep healthy and hydrated :)

I'd give a say on Psychedelics but i'm yet to experience them.

Also, Alcohol just dulls music and the emotionality for me, and the high frequencies. However it makes me enjoy virtually any track no matter how bad or good. Ah you've gotta love losing your inhibitions.

Almost forgot about Caffeine.... yeah for me caffeine induces music appreciation, not sure why it isn't discussed very much. Music becomes slightly less emotional, but the quality increases similar to a low dose of speed. However high frequencies, between 5khz and 9khz seem to be suppressed.

Hey man, unfortunately this topic is not really related to Harm Reduction in any way. I would ask you to read the user agreement and the forum guidelines before creating any new threads or posting in existing threads. It's not that I'm philosophically opposed to what you're discussing here. I enjoy discussing topics unrelated to Harm Reduction as well, but it is the nature of this sub-forum that we don't field threads that concern this material.

For topics such as this, we have a sub-forum known as Drug Culture. It's more of a social environment where you can speak more freely and discuss topics that aren't related to Harm Reduction. So, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over there, although there are a lot of threads concerning music already. We will see how it does.

BDD->DC

Cheers for moving it, as I said I wasn't entirely sure where to post this one in particular.

Psychedelics=no comparison
Weed is amazing
Mdma and similar anologues
MXE
Dxm
Pregabalin

That's all I can think of right now as far as the best ones for me.

LSD changed the way I experience music. Nothing is quite like it. I can't even put it into words; best I can say is that music on LSD sometimes becomes spiritually engaging in the highest degree. I have never experienced such profundity from music on any other drug.

'Course, weed helps with the LSD ;)