• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

paws from opiates

tuck3838

Greenlighter
I was on suboxone for 8 years and other opiates for years prior to that. Im clean from opiates since dec 12.

Im bout to cave in and get a sub. I cant deal with this depression and complete lack of energy. its realy gettin to me

I started using opiates at age 12...maybe im just a naturly depressed person and need to get high to make my brain work like a normal persons brain. I dont want to sit in bed for the next however long this is going to take for my brain to heal....if it ever heals. Im thinking weed might help so im going to try that befor i do any hard drugs.

pot helps tremendously... i would definitely give it a try

why would you ever come off of subs? I've been on then for 4 years now at 10mgs daily no plans to ever come off them, why don't you consider getting back on?

why suffer in life, why be miserable all day and go through PAWS? you can be happy and live a fulfilling life on ORT...

The subs just keep me in a loop wear im getting drug tested and i hate having to worrie about gettig kiked off of them. Im on vivitral now but im not doing the shot next month. When my last relationship ended i thought it would be a good idea to go to rehab and get off all drugs...now im havin secobd thoughts

And i didnt relize how much subs were helping me i was thinking...well if i havnt done heroin in three years then i dont need the subs i thought cravings were just an excuse for people to get high but now i see im wanting h like you wouldnt beleive or any opioid...realy any drug at all to get rid of this feeling

I remember when I first kicked my H habit. 5 years , HEAVY IV use . The paws were so intense . I remember sitting on my mom's couch alone , actually excepting the fact that , hey , I'm just one of those people . Like , my mom , my family , they will just have to except it . This is what I have to do and it's OK.
I actually convinced myself that I was going to kill myself and it was OK. I didn't feel sad about it. I didn't feel regret . I just felt like I had found were I belonged . DEAD . and it was a very nice feeling . Peaceful .
A few days later , I remembered what they kept telling us the 5 days I was in detox , about the paws and how important it was to stay in a program. I figured if I'm off drugs I don't need to stay in there crappy program.
I had NO intention of becoming a heroine addict again. I was too happy to not be sick anymore and was way too happy that I wasn't spending my time going on ridiculous drug runs.. haha no thank you.!!!
I did however feel like I was going insane. I did not remember being this dumb. I wasn't having conversations with people like I used to . I couldn't think of WORDS. I felt so STUPID. I was embarrassed and didn't want to talk to anyone.
Cognitive dysfunction . That's what happens I guess. Most people heal .
I think . But I never stayed totally sober. I drank like a fish and smoked meth and did pills every so often . Never getting hooked on anything till I met my boyfriend and did meth for a year .(quit that) the come down was a joke compared to heroine.
Anyway , one thing that helped me wake up , without my first thoughts , being that of suicide , is 5HTP . Seriously . I would wake up and not want to die. It was nice . Go get a bottle . It helps rebuild serotonin .
It sounds lame but eating healthy really helps. Food is medicine !
Exercise !! This really does help too . I promise. don't sit in in bed !!!! That's the worst thing you can do . One of em...
Back then I wish I would of stayed in a program like was recommended , and sought mental health help.
You are not alone , we all have to go through paws. I just feel like my brain never really got to much of a chance to heal . I kept doing this and that. Valium , and lots of vodka and meth. BUT . I did go stone cold sober for more then a few months maybe 6 idk.
That was during a phase I went through were i felt no drug did anything for me , anymore.
Then I got bored....
Anyway .... Don't go back on drugs . Hang in there. It WILL pass. Maybe try a program . NA. Get some support !. Talk to people who know what you are going through. Practice mindfulness , walk your dog, skate board. You gotta move around . I'm not against a LITTLE benzos IF you can handle it friend. Bear in mind , benzo wd is worse then anything. Or the weed , ya , better idea. But get OUT OF BED !!!
Don't you dare think about getting back on drugs. You can do this .

Thank you....i was also drinking a liter of cheap vodka everyday for months and doing coke and zanz sometimes. I deffinetly can not handel benzos i get arrested dam near every time i take them wich might sound funny but they got me in a world of shit mixing them with everything else just made it worse.

I wish it wasnt ice cold and snow up to your knees outside or i would get some exersize ...i work out whenever i can muster up the energy.

Im going to an na meeting tonight.

I have some weed on tge way tho i realy hope that will help at least a little .

I realy dont wana give in and do opiates again but sonthings gotta give. It sounds clichae but i just take it day by day.....its just getting super depressing knowing im going to feel like this tomoro as well but im pushin through it thanks you for your input

The weed will help. Not being alone might help too? Positive influence of course . Good choice on the group. I may not agree with everything they say but it is nice to have support when u need it MOST . Like for you . RIGHT NOW . Hang in there . Talk a little at the meeting. It might help

Yea i go to meetings everyday. Usualy at home with my mom cuz shes sick bit i swear if i here "whats wrong" one more time im going to lose it i hate that question

bro just get back on the subs... i really don't understand peoples hate for ORT, so what if you are not "clean" it beats being fucking miserable all day everyday just because come bullshit program tells you to be abstinant

i haven't used H in over a year, that is huge for me, the suboxone allows me to be a productive member of society, if the subs helped you and allowed you to be clean from H or w.e. your problem opiate was why not just stay on them indefinitely?

i really don't understand the logic and the negative stigma attached to ORT... its a dam shame because ORT has the highest rates of success, THE HIGHEST, while the abstinence philosophy has the lowest abysmal rates of success

i mean how many times do you hear of people dying on their suboxone program ? how about how many times you hear about your friends going off to a 30 day rehab and then dying of an OD 5 months later? yea NA works real well....

I consider being on suboxone if taking it right to be clean... i have nothing against it, but after being on it for 8 years i just wanted to see what it would be like to get off it and completly clean.I just wana give it a shot to see if i can live life without it and if i end up doing any opioid it will be suboxone. I smoked weed last night and that helped alot.and the na meetings i realy just go to them out of boardem but i do share sometimes. Idk im just givin it a chance cuz it would be so nice not to be tied down to a doctor anymore and not have to take drug tests anymore

For me, I smoked a lot of weed and walked a lot. Did some weightlifting too. Also i told myself i didn't want to pay my scumbag illegal alien dealers rent. That was motivation enough to quit.

I consider being on suboxone if taking it right to be clean... i have nothing against it, but after being on it for 8 years i just wanted to see what it would be like to get off it and completly clean.I just wana give it a shot to see if i can live life without it and if i end up doing any opioid it will be suboxone. I smoked weed last night and that helped alot.and the na meetings i realy just go to them out of boardem but i do share sometimes. Idk im just givin it a chance cuz it would be so nice not to be tied down to a doctor anymore and not have to take drug tests anymore
Right choice getting off the subs. Im happy for you . Even though you are having a tough time of it now. Your brain needs to heal man. The subs did their job , you are not on H . It's not meant to be a life long thing. Seeing a doctor , drug tests , being treated like a junkie . Jesus Christ. For 8 years .
I'm glad the weed helped you to feel better. Are you in school ? Maybe take up a hobby. I've been thinking lately , I'd really like to try some Kung Fu ,lol, or some sort of class. Hey , the 5 htp I mentioned , you need it right now. Your brain is chemically imbalanced . 8 years is a long long time... It really helps ! I know it's easy to hear advice from people . When your mind is set on something it's hard to take in new ideas . For me anyway. But this is a must have for kids like us.
Ravers use it after doing lots of E . Us x junkies use it too. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it . It helps. Maybe not if u r drinking alot and still getting high... That's the only time I didn't notice it.
Anyway , I care about you , because I've been through similar . I know the empty feelings . The confusion , being lost.
Well hang in there tuck3838 you sound like a cool kid .

Iv heard of that 5 htp im about to look up prices on it. I was thinking of taken up boxing. But i realy should find a job i been outa rehab since dec 16th and im not working but thanks for the advice....you should deffinetly take kung fu... fuck yea! lol

My mom often asks me if I think about getting off methadone and how long I think I'll stay on it for.

I keep explaining that I don't have any intention of getting off it at any particular point in time. Perhaps some day but I'm not even thinking of it yet. Cause I know if I get off all opioids all together my depression will get substantially worse. People frequently underestimate how much depression is chemical and out of their control, and how even I'd they feel fine now, if they get off substitution therapy it could get a lot worse. And once depression starts it can be really difficult to get yourself to do something about it.

My point is, I think anyone with a history of depression, which almost all opioid addicts have, should approach getting off all opioid drugs very carefully.

If and when I do get off methadone I'd want want to ween myself off of it over the course of a year or more. Very very slowly.

Honestly that's my biggest regret about getting off opiates, not going into a maintenance program, I think I'd be alot happier.

Honestly that's my biggest regret about getting off opiates, not going into a maintenance program, I think I'd be alot happier.

That was one of my biggest reasons for getting on methadone. Apart from refusing to go through withdrawal, I wasn't willing to face the ongoing depression that would inevitably come afterwards.

Which isn't to say I'm free of depression, but I'm sure I'd be a lot worse without methadone.

When I was on heroin everyday my life totally sucked, I was homeless and begging for money every day, prostitution myself. But if I'm completely honest, I really wasn't that depressed. I wasn't happy, but I've been suicidal over a lot less. It's amazing what heroin and opioids generally let you cope with.

Iboga. Iboga (or ketamine).

That stuff helped the depression so much post methadone.

No magic bullet and not without potential issues, but worth looking into.

That was one of my biggest reasons for getting on methadone. Apart from refusing to go through withdrawal, I wasn't willing to face the ongoing depression that would inevitably come afterwards.

Which isn't to say I'm free of depression, but I'm sure I'd be a lot worse without methadone.

When I was on heroin everyday my life totally sucked, I was homeless and begging for money every day, prostitution myself. But if I'm completely honest, I really wasn't that depressed. I wasn't happy, but I've been suicidal over a lot less. It's amazing what heroin and opioids generally let you cope with.

I know what you're talking about, the happiest i ever was, was hopping couch to couch, doped outta my mind. Opiates helped me cope with so much that I just repress otherwise.

Nothing will get you through some shit like opiates but then they run out and.. well ya know

^yes , that's for sure . I think sometimes we need drugs , definitely. . It's worth it sometimes for some people , even after you run out.
It's good to deal with your problems though. Eventually. Sucks they mess your brain up even more . Paws really sucks. I'm currently dealing with the aftermath of some binges. Extra depression and anxiety . I thought about maybe just seeing a doctor. Getting something to help a little.
But I wonder if you get , like a paws effect from anti depressants .? Or if they just help a little while your brain heals...