Training Log My First Cycle Log

Starkman

Greenlighter
Hi there guys! So I?€™m going to be doing my first cycle and figured I?€™d keep a log going here...

A little about myself: I?€™m 28 years old. 5ft 9 ectomorphic very small bone structure build. I?€™ve been exercising/lifting weights for about 12 years now I?€™d say and I?€™ve always been pretty consistent(probably due to ocd/addictive personality lol). I?€™m not so much into the whole bodybuilding scene, but I just enjoy keeping my body healthy/strong/functioning properly(and looking good of course). I always eat clean and healthy, nutrient dense meals and occasionally go off on a night out with some drinks, but I?€™m fairly disciplined in that regard. I used to be super scrawny and now I?€™m not huge and beastly or anything, but I?€™ve come a long way and put on some decent muscle for my frame. Probably about 3 years ago or so I read the book engineering the alpha by John romaniello and learned about intermittent fasting and became a big fan(one of the many reasons I was drawn to this forum) and have been doing it on and off ever since. I always float somewhere around 160 pounds fairly lean and last year got up to around 179 , my biggest weight ever, but definitely had a lot more body fat) and more recently over the past couple months have been 16/8 fasting and now I am at a very lean 157 at about 10 percent bodyfat. I took hdrol once years ago, but nothing else. Finally at 28, I am ready to do my first cycle. Now I am certainly no expert on the matter, but I have done my fair share of research and reading over the years.

I really loved the First Cycle sticky on here as it was so informative, up to date with actual current studies, and incorporated things such as intermittent fasting that most meathead boards elsewhere would scoff at. So I will be following that plan to a T with the 12 week 250 per week test e with 2 week taper. I plan on starting next week/possibly in two weeks depending on how a project at my job goes(unrelated). My goal is to put as much lean muscle on as possible with very minimal fat gain and get strong af. My one concern is acne as I used to get it real bad when I was youger and even now still get an occasional pimple or two on my face. Not so much on my back or chest. But hopefully at such a low dose it will not be an issue.

Now I plan on getting blood work done pre, during, and post cycle to make sure all is going well and to ease my inevitable paranoia. I?€™m probably going to order the blood work from an online md lab and order a female hormone panel one which includes:
Estradiol, serum;
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)

Is there anything else I should be getting tested besides those? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you guys, keeping you updated, and making some lean gains!

Sorry for rambling on so much :)

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome, it's not often we get someone that takes time to plan their first cycle as well as you have..

Personally, I feel diet is neglected by a large portion of people who seem to think it's all about hormones when cycling..
Although I believe IF is a very healthy lifestyle with multiple health benefits, whilst training for optimal hypertrophy you need the food..!!

I am on 15/9 time restricted eating plan at the moment, the visceral and adipose fat is lowered in a very short period of time, but at the expense of considerable skeletal muscle volume, which is to the point now of being unacceptable.. Plus, I'm on more hormones than your first cycle...

You might wish to reconsider your eating options at least while you are on cycle to get the best out of it...

Hi there and welcome, it's not often we get someone that takes time to plan their first cycle as well as you have..

Personally, I feel diet is neglected by a large portion of people who seem to think it's all about hormones when cycling..
Although I believe IF is a very healthy lifestyle with multiple health benefits, whilst training for optimal hypertrophy you need the food..!!

I am on 15/9 time restricted eating plan at the moment, the visceral and adipose fat is lowered in a very short period of time, but at the expense of considerable skeletal muscle volume, which is to the point now of being unacceptable.. Plus, I'm on more hormones than your first cycle...

You might wish to reconsider your eating options at least while you are on cycle to get the best out of it...

Hello and thank you! Ok yeah I have no problem going off of IF for this. I’ll just keep doing it now up until I start so I’m nice and lean and can put that muscle on from there :) I’ve been eating 1g of protein per pound of body weight for awhile now along with .75g carbs/pound and around 25-30% of calories coming from fat. So once I start I’ll be gradually upping the carb intake and keep the P and F around the same.

Hey Starkman, welcome to Bluelight! :)

I'm gonna second GF above, thanks for doing plenty of research first. And for training for 12 years already! You're in a great place to make some great gains :D You may find Red Leader's first cycle log particularly helpful, as he's also more of an ectomorph type.

Regarding the diet, yes definitely taper up your food intake over the weeks, that should keep the fire fuelled properly.

You gonna keep the log updated? :)

Hey Starkman, welcome to Bluelight! :)

I'm gonna second GF above, thanks for doing plenty of research first. And for training for 12 years already! You're in a great place to make some great gains :D You may find Red Leader's first cycle log particularly helpful, as he's also more of an ectomorph type.

Regarding the diet, yes definitely taper up your food intake over the weeks, that should keep the fire fuelled properly.

You gonna keep the log updated? :)

Hey thanks man! Ok I'll check out that log later today. And yes, I'll be keeping it updated on here.

Are there any other blood tests I should be getting besides the ones I mentioned in my first post? Thanks!

Hey thanks man! Ok I'll check out that log later today. And yes, I'll be keeping it updated on here.

Are there any other blood tests I should be getting besides the ones I mentioned in my first post? Thanks!

Welcome mate!

Re blood tests, check out the thread by ElkHorn just next to this one on the first page called "First Cycle Log" in which we're discussing which blood tests he should get. It should give you a good idea what tests you should ask for.

Welcome mate!

Re blood tests, check out the thread by ElkHorn just next to this one on the first page called "First Cycle Log" in which we're discussing which blood tests he should get. It should give you a good idea what tests you should ask for.

Awesome thank you sir. Alright so I just ordered the female hormone panel with blood lipids as well. So I'll be going to get that bloodwork done sometime this week. Curious to see where my current test levels are at...

You started your cycle yet mate?

Still waiting on my gear to arrive... taking forever :( lol judging by the tracking it should be here any day now... just got my pre bloodwork done this morning.

I think my test will be arriving first before the arimidex... would it be ok to start the test before the arimidex arrives or should I play it safe and wait? Really hoping to start Monday.

Still waiting on my gear to arrive... taking forever :( lol judging by the tracking it should be here any day now... just got my pre bloodwork done this morning.

I think my test will be arriving first before the arimidex... would it be ok to start the test before the arimidex arrives or should I play it safe and wait? Really hoping to start Monday.

Just start the test...

Even assumiming you need arimedex (which you probably don't) it takes a while for any estrogen related side effects to happen..

People are often very scared of estrogen related sides, but unless you're using shit tons of test or are very sensitive, the vast majority of people don't need it .. and don't forget, killing estrogen completely seriously limits the effectiveness of testosterone in the first place

Hey I?m back! My official start was today!
Did my first injection and it went well I belive! Right in the glute. In bed right now and my ass is a little sore with PIP but it?s nothing crazy or anything. Beyond excited to see the results I can achieve. So I?ve been eating 1g protein per pound of body weight and same with carbs. Fats around 70g. I?m going to gradually up the calories as the weeks progress.

Wow the mobile version of this does not like apostrophes it seems lol

Click the full site at the bottom of the login screen....it's much better

If you try to edit a post in mobile it automatically deletes it too.

It's pretty shit

My mobile works perfectly....seen a ton of people complain about it but just wanted to say it's working alright for at least one person haha

Edit worked fine. Using the mobile now, never use the desk top version on my phone

Last edited:
My mobile works perfectly....seen a ton of people complain about it but just wanted to say it's working alright for at least one person haha

Have you tried editing a post when in mobile version? (As oppose to the blue and white desktop version being used ON a mobile device)

Yep works fine every time. I'll do the one you replied to

That's wierd...most people complain that when they edit a post it deletes it....mustn't be the same for everyone I guess.

I don't like the mobile version in general, as I find it more fiddly to navigate around multiple forums as compared to the desktop one...

And the deleting of posts that I try to edit thing (which it's still doing for me) is a real sickener if you've typed out a long post and edit it just to chsnge a single spelling mistake lol