• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Laika

Kittycat5

Bluelighter
Guys, I just found out. I wish it was a silly joke like he was so fond of pulling but sadly it is true. I have a bit more info I can share in pm including a gofundme for funeral costs.

RIP to one of the most original and funny guys Ive ever met.

didn't know him too well but fuck anyways
i wonder why he changed his name tho
prolly low profile

What the fuck? Noooo. This is fucking horrible news.

[video=youtube_share;8QcL4Pge8D4]http://youtu.be/8QcL4Pge8D4[/video]

Fucking hell :(

<3

This has unfortunately been confirmed. Laika went in for surgery the other day and passed away due to complications following the procedure. He was 32.

Daniel and I had gotten really close this past year. We really got each other’s humor and this is a huge loss. I’m not sure what else to say. I’m gutted.

RIP you fat fuck. You know the rest :(

RIP you were really a likeable guy. Felt really approachable always. A unique character.

This has unfortunately been confirmed. Laika went in for surgery the other day and passed away due to complications following the procedure. He was 32.

Daniel and I had gotten really close this past year. We really got each other’s humor and this is a huge loss. I’m not sure what else to say. I’m gutted.

RIP you fat fuck. You know the rest :(

Jesus Christ that's so fucking sad. I'm sorry man.

God Damnit ! This sucks..
*Sips

*Pours out the rest of the 40

Hope youre yeehawing in heaven bro,,

We will see each other again as spirits, and we will have much to talk about then...

RIP

I really liked that fucker, we had a humorous understanding of one another.

It's hard to lounge after hearing the news..

Jesus Christ that's so fucking sad. I'm sorry man.

Never had the pleasure to know him but from reading this thread it looks like he must have been a good egg. So I assume he must have taken his alias from that poor russian space dog?

I think so, yeah.
He was a good guy. I'm not sure who i can discuss american psychedelic indie rock with here now :(
He was a BL veteran and i've missed seeing him around. Sad to know he won't be coming back.

This band will always make me think of him...

[video=youtube_share;f3RAI8Ntamw]http://youtu.be/f3RAI8Ntamw[/video]

I'm gonna go home and burn one in your honour <3

I think so, yeah.
He was a good guy. I'm not sure who i can discuss american psychedelic indie rock with here now :(
He was a BL veteran and i've missed seeing him around. Sad to know he won't be coming back.

This band will always make me think of him...

[video=youtube_share;f3RAI8Ntamw]http://youtu.be/f3RAI8Ntamw[/video]

I'm gonna go home and burn one in your honour <3

perfect tribute to him <3

i know Of Montreal was interested in his art, did they ever end up working together?

The last pm convo I had with him was a long time ago. Man I feel so guilty. Fucking hell mate.

I am going home to bury my brother and hate hearing about burying another brother, we had some good conversations.going to miss you man<3

Oh man. Take care D's.

That's fucked.

i know Of Montreal was interested in his art, did they ever end up working together?

I have no idea, but i hope someone knows the answer to that.
And i'd really love to see more of his art, if anyone knows if it's posted anywhere.

Jeez, i was thinking of laika last week, because we spoke a lot last year around new year's.
I had been thinking i should drop him an email or something. :(

I always had him as Laika in my phone.

Every once in a while, at least a bit a go, he'd start a 3 way conversation with him, wao, and I. We'd talk about shit, make fun of shit, and all the sudden out as a non-sequitur, he'd drop a dick pic of a poster. After the shock, you'd just crack the fuck up and scramble to delete it.

I think that's how I'll remember him.

RIP