• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Laika

When he pm'ed me in 2014 asking my involvment with the beach shooting in Clearwater, ( my city ) I felt immedietly that "this bl'er has a good soul. I'm gonna befriend him"

At 5:00 am, the day of Orlando's "Pulse" nightclub shooting, I tried to get word of him being alive. I was banned cause phr titled a lounge thread " next poster gets banned"......I unknowingly posted and was subsequently banned for a month. But I tried. And that's what I took from him.

I re read your last pm.

Im o stupid and so sorry. I should have done something earlier but maybe wouldnt have made a difference.

Thinking of you

I have just learned of Laika's loss. I hesitate to post feelings about this, but I need to. Laika turned me on to Arcade Fire. He was a music dude. Some people like music, some don't... Some people NEED it and I believe he was one of those people. That music is so very special to me... It's emotional music and it has literally gotten me through so much. He reached out to me and we were friends for a while. He made you laugh in this almost disconcerting way. It was that very dark sense of humor of his that got between us. I am sorry for not getting the joke but I do now. We had some amazing conversations. Thank you for everything.

Back when I used to be on bluelight all the time in like 2010 and 2011 I used to talk with him often. We shared a love for mephedrone which had just exploded on the scene. Back in those days he would brag about getting good tips that night from his pizza delivery job to me through pm or email and how he was going to get 5g of mephedrone in mail etc. I checked back in this site after years of not being online last year after randomly thinking about him and those days when mephedrone scene was exciting but none of my real life friends knew about it. I didn't see him on the site but no lie I just had a random thought about his name, checked the shrine and now I'm down as hell about this news. Sometimes online friends even from back in the day deaths can rock you to the core. RIP man.

I missed this one when it happened. For the record, our Lounge personas hated each other, but actually, I had a deep and abiding respect and affection for him and, I think, vice versa, when we would really get to talking one-on-one, which happened more than you might think. Shedding a real tear. RIP.

One of the only bluelighters I have spoken to on phone. The only other is Aaron and unfortunately both of you are shrines. Sad days on bluelight from Orlando.

I missed this one when it happened. For the record, our Lounge personas hated each other, but actually, I had a deep and abiding respect and affection for him and, I think, vice versa, when we would really get to talking one-on-one, which happened more than you might think. Shedding a real tear. RIP.

Omg it's my old boss.

I doubt he hated you or you him personally , just the situation whatever .

At least the epic punch on thread was comic relief .

Hope you are going well and your car is still purring.