Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Despair; The Absence Of Hope

lucifersam666

Bluelight Crew
Despair, The Absence of Hope
Society's Contribution

Sunk.
Far from reality and into the void as each drag of this cigarette becomes more distant. Instantly transforming a broken record into a wonderful, ongoing symphony. The only determination I have, as I rest upon the stiff floor, is to watch the ceiling light fade in and out of my consciousness. No thought, only feeling; a celebration. I begin to doze off into a proper state where I experience a harmonious world, free from persecution, abuse, and greed. Where the shackles of institutions, currencies, insecurities, and ignorance disappear; where compassion governs the land. Nothing more than a cliche but this is my fleeting reality.
I open my eyes again, the ceiling light appears brighter.
My eyes slowly roll back, again. Relaxation runs through my core.
Minutes pass by and I now feel deprived of water, stranded in a desert, only to discover that this beautiful oasis has always been a mirage. My thirst shall never be quenched as I open my eyes again. My beautiful vision instantly vanishes into the universe. The only reminder I have (of this dream) is the warmth of empathy surrounding me but soon enough that shall disappear, too, like a fugitive on the run.
But it has given me hope.
So, I decide to turn on the television -- You know, what "normal" people do, right? I scroll through the channels. I do not find anything interesting or anything relatable.
I turn it off.

By the way, did I tell you the average American spends four hours a day, the equivalent of two months a year, or nine years in a lifetime, being hypnotized by a screen without being conscious of the effects this activity has on them? This has drastically decreased interactions with friends, neighbors, community, and even family. Their free time is spent in imaginary relationships with fictitious characters on the screen. This can be applied to cell phones, too. Truthfully, it's pathetic. And it doesn't end there -- oh no -- that is only the beginning. Then there are corporations, advertising agencies, charitable foundations, etc. that all want a piece of the pie. All of these underlying agendas and schemes are extremely obscured. The meaning of truth becomes distorted and the perception of the masses becomes disarranged with meaningless data. In result, this is slowly desensitizing society and creating docile, moldable communities across the land.
It's like a George Carlin bit running through my brain.
I start wondering why things don't add up in this world. I question the moral and philosophical conflicts amongst our community. I see the masses conforming to certain behaviors that are mandatory in our society. We are trained to say one thing and act another way. We live in a world of intense denial and hypocrisy. That is what happens when people overvalue their ego and protect their reputation at all cost. Maybe it's because the fear of being judged is just too cold, like the floor I lay upon. An attempt at dissimulation. But hey, that's what happens when you are governed by what others think. Merely fool's gold. Truth is the sand in an hour glass. Slowly disappearing as society becomes derailed and far off the tracks. Meanwhile, I proceed to take the H-Train down to my arm, the only train that stays on track. I proceed to pierce my vein.
Once again, I enter into the void.
Sunk.

Here is the link to where I originally posted

Last edited:
Nice write man. Deep and well thought out. I can relate to the despair and agony, loneliness and paranoia. Maybe the future generations will change the agendas and learn from our mistakes, as humans are the most destructive species to ever walk the earth.

I have been thinking about hopelessness a lot this morning as I try to decide which Martin Luther King quote to put on my sign for the march on Monday. He had so many, but here is the one I think I will write out (hoping as I write it that it will seep into and dilute my own hopelessness a bit): “If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.”