View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM fucked me up...

Dodds

Greenlighter
Okay so I’m new here and this is my first post. This startrd 2 weeks ago. So I’m 16 and one night I went to this girls house with my friend. We did shrooms with her and got really fucked up but i had a nice trip. The girl who’s house we were at went to sleep at 6 am after a night of staring at the brick fireplace place and repeatedly saying “I’m so fucked” for 5 hours. Me and my friend were just standing in this massive house (she’s rich) and we snoop a little and find a bottle of robutussin and we took it cause I heard you can trip on dxm by drinking over the counter cough syrups that contain dxm... This was on the 28th I think and a few days after New Years we were at my friends house and decided to drink the bottle. We got sprite and poured (50mg) of syrup in each cup and filled it with sprite. It tasted really bad so I got another cup and put half of the sprite syrup mix in it and added More sprite. This made it a little better but it still tasted a nasty. This was at about 11 pm and we had to leave his house shortly. I started feeling really good and comfortable and laughy but nothing else, I just felt really euphoric. We left at 11:15 and I started heading home. I looked up at a streetlight and It looked so beautiful the rays of colour in my eyes gave me a sense of pure pleasure. I got on the bus and when it was my stop I got up and i though I didn’t have feet I was just walking on air is what it Felt like.. Its a really hard feeling to explain. I managed to get home stumbling and I went in my room took out my bong and smoked 2 bowls, sat down and then I felt it.. i felt a complete disconnection to everything and everyone, I felt like I was god literally with the world in my palm.. I could do anything, or so I thought. I remembered That there’s is an additive in the robutussin that can make you throw up and just think of it made me feel really nauseou but didn’t throw up, so I went to sleep and it was kinda hard but I had some weird but pleasant dreams.

Next morning IM STILL FUCKED I feel like the world is nothing and nothing matters, honestly kinda depressing. The whole day I felt fucked and i remembered I only did 50mg of syrup which was only 130 mg of dxm I started to feel really light again and kind of started tripping but kept it under control. The next day I kinda wanted to do it again. Both my freinds said they didn’t trip that hard but just had a nice body high. I went back to my friends house and he found cough pills that had 15mg of dxm in each. We took 6 each and I didn’t trip but fell asleep. Fast forward another day my friend finds a bottle of tussin,I took another 50 mg and tripped really hard again like it’s weird as fuck that I took the same dose 3 days in a row and tripped once, didn’t trip, and tripped BADLY. Now fast forward to now I feel fucked up still my mind is on a cloud and I’m still having waves of body highs which intensify a lot when I smoke weed. I’m seeing dots of colours and objects are moving away from me (tunnel vision) and I’m seeing animated scenes when I close my eyes and focuse really hard. Do I have hppd? And if so how, I took such a small dose each day. Thanks for reading

DXM is highly dependant on body weight, so if you are a physically smaller person, that could have had an effect. The mushrooms are probably important, if I have the chronology right, or even the marijuana. DXM can have pretty long effects, and after effects, especially if the syrup you drank was in the polistirex (Delsym?) extended release form. I think there can also be issues with enzymes and breaking down DXM slowly, but I haven't done the research. Last time I took 1,000ish mg polistirex (I weigh 290 lbs.) I was high (or at least high-esque) for about 20 hours.

Many people have been in your similar spot and were just fine, it just takes a while sometimes for your brain to get reacquainted with itself.

stop taking more dxm (obviously) and other psychedelics or dissociatives, and maybe give the weed smoking a break as well. you will most probably be fine.

Last edited:
Yea the effects have gone down but I?m still kind of seeing things move towards me and random specs of colour when I look around, I also found out that ever since my ?binge? weed is MUCH more intense, i feel like I?m getting as high as I was when I first started. So yea I?m gonna take a break of everything for a while

Yea that?s honestly what I think it was but I only started to really trip when I smoke weed I was actually enjoying it before the weed just intensified it a lot

Indeed I agree The Shadow Self. It's... well was for me the go to drug when nothing else was available. I mean it's an interesting experience, but it's no Psilocybin or LSD and DMT especially.

You'll be fine. Young brains are more succeotible to hppd. I had hppd that lasted a year when I was twenty...when I got older I could handle drugs much better without hppd effects returning .

Lay off the dxm and weed and I bet you'll
See an improvement in a few months