Technical Problem Site Slowdown- Net Neutrality?

Jekyl Anhydride

Bluelight Crew
HI,
I've noticed a major slowdown of BL recently, like 50-80 seconds to switch to another sub-forum or edit a post and the progress bar states "waiting for BL" while "transferring info to BL" takes 2-3 seconds. My Toast,net internet speed test is 12,000 kb/s across several different servers and I have no slowdown of sites like Amazom, Ebay or Wikipedia. Could this be a repercussion of the killing of net neutrality or should I do some more investigating into my browser?

I use Firefox Quantum 57.0.5 64 bit and BL/ style 51 (full) with HTTPS although it puts a line through HTTPS and states some items are insecure so actually HTTP I suppose. Although it's been this way for months with no slowdown till now.

Any help would be much appreciated.. JA

Hmmm that's really interesting. Where are you from again?

I would try formatting my PC, my general go to, and maybe factory resetting my router. I've also had weird DNS problems in the past, from using alternative DNS services. Have you tried using different devices in your house? That would determine if a specific device was the issue.

Honestly though, networking is something I despise and know fairly little about.

And FTR bluelight is working perfectly for me.

Last edited:
It was also running very slowly for me at points today and was very apparent about 2 hrs ago. It seems a bit better now though.

I thought there might be something wrong with the server or the elves that run this place.

It was also running very slowly for me at points today and was very apparent about 2 hrs ago. It seems a bit better now though.

I thought there might be something wrong with the server or the elves that run this place.

Yeah it seems to come and go but a couple hours ago it was very slow.

@ Tranced- I'm from Huntington Beach in Southern California.