Mental Health Sleep deprivation? Anxiety to sleep?

merseyside8

Bluelighter
I had a life episode that caused me to have adjustment disorder with anxiety. I had sleeping problems so I was prescribed hydroxyzine and lexapro in August. I’m off the lexapro and visited psychologists that made me a whole lot better. I stopped taking hydroxyzine because I slept on my own and my quality of sleep was getting better. Ever since I got diagnosed tho I could never take the nap for the life of me. I would panic half sleep and wake up with panic when trying to take a nap. But sleeping at night was not really an issue. I think tho it has finally taken a toll on me where I am now having trouble sleeping at night now.

Does anyone have this? I can’t really make out what is causing this? My diagnosis was due to me using crystal meth and going to the ER in and out for 3 days. Also what medicine do people use for this?

Hey Mersey, I just shifted this post over from New Member Introductions to a forum where you may get some more posts :)

I don't have any experience with meth so I probably can't help you that much, but I've had problems with anxiety and sleep since I was a little kid. For a long time I just dealt with it but when I got older I realized that exercise and not napping in the day really helps. Is there a specific reason you have to take naps or is it just something you like to do? If its really not necessary I would cut that out. You will be more tired at night. Like I said, regular exercise and trying to eat as healthy as you can is probably the best thing you can do. The healthier you are, the better all the functions of your body work, including sleep.

Sounds like your circadian rhythm is all out of sync. Cut out the daytime naps and maybe just try some melatonin for a week or two.