• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Anyone try PRL 8 53 here? I tried PRL two years ago and i feel like my OCD is worse

nujabes96

Greenlighter
Hey guys good morning:) Anyone try PRL 8 53 here? I tried PRL two years ago and i feel like it progressed my ocd or caused my ocd to be worse. Anyone else feel the same way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey nujabes, welcome to the forum :)

I don't imagine many have tried it as it's not particularly popular, with a largely unknown mechanism of action. I'll move this over to N&PD where there's a chance someone else may have tried it at some point or have more detailed knowledge.

Best,
CFC

It could be that your disease is naturally progressing and the PRL had nothing to do with it - after all, correlation does not imply causation.

I have tried it, in fact I use it almost every day, and do so for months at a time with occasional breaks. I believe you actually mean PRL-8-53 though. :)

I use it in doses of 5mg or just a little more for the alleged memory enhancement effects, honestly though I couldn't tell you if it is actually working or not, I take it largely based on the premise that there may be some long term benefit even if I cannot immediately discern it, and even if not it seems to me quite unlikely to be actually harmful. I would say I feel basically zero subjective or mood altering effects. However I do not have OCD, perhaps it has more noticeable effects on those whose baseline brain chemistry is different to mine.