• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Post Acute Benzo Withdrawal Experiences

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
Hi,

I am just curious to know other’s experiences of withdrawing from benzos (and Lyrica) especially how long has it taken until life starts to feel normal and what to tips and tricks there are to help recovery process.

My SO is currently at inpatient treatment getting rid of the benzos and Lyrica although she has tapered a lot on our own but she has used benzos pretty much daily since twelve years old and she is currently in late twenties so it is a lot of time for benzo usage.

No one has any input on this? I wish Moreaux would be active.

Anyhow she has been quite well and Lyrica is now at zero and benzos will be on sunday. We have met three times for few hours during this inpatient program and she has been actually bettercin terms of clarity and feelings.

Sometimes it takes a bit before people start responding. If you don't get some input by tonight I think I will try moving the thread. Because I know for a fact that lots of people on here have experience with benzo WD as well as the increase in anxiety that accompanies it. That is a VERY long time to have been on them. Did someone prescribe them to her when she was 12??8( or did she start taking them on her own?

At first she used as prescribed until she turned 16 and then was cut off by docs from them and started to get them from friends and street.

I find a month later if I've been clean and somehow managed to push the prospect of drugs out of my mind I feel like my old self. However I find personally benzos the hardest to ever become normal again. As someone who (thinks) he has crippling anxiety, the thought of 'I could just live my daily life so much easier with (benzo)' is never ending. Not unlike opiates which is always at the back of you mind ('a fat shot would feel so great right now'), benzos are ALWAYS there.