• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What to do on my birthday?

Foreigner

Bluelighter
My birthday is approaching, and I really don't know what to do for it. I always feel a lot of pressure to come up with something because it's a special day for me. It sucks to have a bday in January in the middle of winter, so that kind of limits options. My bday falls on a weekday this year too so that limits it even more.

Can people help me brainstorm? It can't be drug related because I'm sober right now. Creative ideas are appreciated.

Stuff I've done in the past:
- went to an expensive traditional Japanese restaurant
- drove to an American State I've never been to, to visit a friend
- did acid, a lot of it
- went for a spa day
- went on a hike
- went dancing

That's a good question. I'm on Jan 11th and plan on some Mongolian BBQ for lunch, some pylon racing with a special 180mph nitromethane powered model plane with my dad then a bonfire with friends at the beach if it doesn't rain.

if you don’t want to go to another fancy restaurant, you could make a fancy meal at home. nice plating, music, and all. either by yourself or with friends. with the internet anyone can cook very well. between getting the supplies, making the meal, and then sitting down to eat it, it should feel like a appropriately grand activity.

congrats on being sober.

Last edited:
That's a good question. I'm on Jan 11th and plan on some Mongolian BBQ for lunch, some pylon racing with a special 180mph nitromethane powered model plane with my dad then a bonfire with friends at the beach if it doesn't rain.

Now that sounds like fun! Drone racing is apparently becoming a big thing too, I've seen some footage and it actually seems pretty viable as a spectator sport 8o

Foreigner, happy soonish birthday wishes :) If you're looking for a quiet way to relax, one thing that always hits the spot for me is cooking. Even sans drugs it's great to enjoy a nice, warm, delicious homecooked meal while the snow falls gently outside. Depending on your level of skills you might need to trial-run a recipe a few times to nail the right flavour, cooking is generally pretty easy compared to baking.

Personally I don't like to celebrate my birthday but this year will be my anniversary so I just don't have choice. My younger sister's going to organize the party for me, she've already booked a nice venue here near Auckland, NZ with decorations and cathering service. So I hope I'll spend great time with my family and close friends together.

My birthday is approaching[...]

Happy belated bday Foreigner!!! What did you end up doing?

Assuming it was a good traditional Japanese place, all those options sound amazing.

Personally I'd do the one that took the most time/was the largest adventure, so hiking (although preferably backpacking+camping, with the right gear it's fun in winter too!)... well actually a lot of acid is not quite my cup of tea anymore (well, under the right conditions... :)), but different strokes. I like the idea of dancing, spa and road trip.

Why not dance, spa AND road trip? You could find a good spa in the place on or the way to the state being listed with the friend :) I guess you're limited by time, but you could always celebrate on an adjacent weekend if it gave you more time and you wanted that. Always options of some kind.

So pleased to see your bday thread! I love me some more bday threads in LAVA (and generally) <3