Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Substance Identification help request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnor

Greenlighter
Howdy,

So recently a substance was brought to a guy for identification. It was purchased as cocaine for something around $80 gram.

It was presented as a white 'rock' type substance. Under magnification it could be seen to be to be a micro-crystalline structure of ice like crystals.
It had a sweet odor not unlike old school bazooka gum.
When crushed it did not crunch and shatter like 'crank' but instead simply mashed into a fairly tough wafer which was relatively time consuming to chop to powder.
3 equal piles of the substance approximately 5mg each were arranged on a clean glass surface.
each pile was treated with a single drop of one of the following solvents

(1)Water: Immediate near total dissolution leaving a clear fluid. Under magnification a small amount of a waxy looking substance persisted on top of the water leaving an oily trail.
This may have been due to saturation of the water, but that is unclear.

(2) Ethyl alcohol 100%: dissolved sparingly forming a uniform white emulsion.

(3)acetone, commercial grade: dissolved sparingly formed a clumpy white immulsion

These results according to brief research seam to indicate an amphetamine substance.

Approximately 2 mg were administered orally to the test subject. Subject noted a slightly bitter taste, with no noticeable burning or other unpleasant side effects. After about 45 seconds subject noted a slight numbing of the tongue and front of the mouth. After roughly 10 minutes no negative side effects were noted.

10mg of the substance was prepared and insuffilated by the test subject.
At about 3 minutes a general numbness of the sinuses was noted with this effect lasting approximately 8 minutes.

general effects noticed at onset were as follows:

Elevated mood
euphoria
greatly increased desire for verbal communication
heightened awareness of emotional state
exaggerated desire to convey the nature of emotional state
confusion
cognitive stall (subject repeatedly forgot what he was trying to say half way through a sentence.)
decreased blood pressure
increased heart rate
a feeling of tension in the chest

These strong effects began to wain around 4-5 hours after administration

vastly stimulated verbal communication continued for several more hours.

Subject was able to sleep about 12 hours after administration

upon waking a mild headache and confusion was noted consistent with amphetamine (hangover)
Likely due to depletion of key nutrients

Strong impulse to readminister was felt at about 24 hours
subject did not readminister. Subject was addicted to substances in the 1990's and has no desire to repeat that experience.

Subject 2 was seen to have self administered vastly greater quantities of the substance which appeared to have a strong stimulation followed by a depressant effect.

So I am hoping with that information maybe somebody can tell me what this stuff is.
It's obviously not cocaine and it is not consistent with methamphetamine.

My guess is some form of amphetamine based designer drug of very high purity. Quite likely pharmaceutical grade rocked up to make it look like a street drug.
Pretty sure the stuff is being distributed out of Pierce County.

My concern is for the health and saftey of subjects under long term use and high dosages.
My role is advisory. As I have seen the effects of unchecked drug use.

If you re - check our user agreement here you should note that we do not entertain substance ID questions. I appreciate the effort that you have put into describing the chemical and its effects but in this and every case, whatever answers you get would be purely speculative. The only way to ID a substance is through laboratory methods (such as using a Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer).

With the advent of the popularity of research chemicals, street stimulants no longer fit into simple categories such as cocaine or amphetamine - the last vendor I used stocked at least 25 different novel stims - it would be impossible for some of these to have not made it through to street drug supplies as adulterants or as counterfeit drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.