• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man Calls 911 on Self for DUI: "I'm Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road"

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
Methamphetamine use leading to days of no sleep, then alcohol use...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/florida-man-calls-911-report-drunk-driving-52180078

WireAP_4d0a65ad8855496684672e1d30d95018_12x5_992.jpg

Authorities in Florida are sharing an unusual 911 call they got on New Year's Eve from a man who said he was driving drunk and needed police.

Polk County Sheriff's officials say the dispatcher "did a fantastic job" urging Michael Lester to park his truck and wait for officers to find him.

Lester told her he had been driving around all night, "trying to get pulled over." At another point in the call, he said "I'm driving on the wrong side of the road."

After deputies caught up with him, they said Lester admitted drinking several beers and swallowing methamphetamine. He also said he'd barely slept for several days.

The sheriff's Facebook post says Lester's latest arrest adds to a criminal history including DUI, aggravated battery, drug possession and hit-and-run.

Aggravated battery? Sounds like a totally upstanding citizen type :\

Probably was in meth psychosis.

People like this badly need mental health treatment.

And it's the sunshine state yet again. :)

I love Florida.

Me too. Might have to move there, I hear psychosis is wonderful there this time of year.

I grew up in Miami and it was all cocaine and crack only. Even with the heroin crowd I ran with I never came across it...I guess it's who you know.

Meth is usually pretty obscure in bigger cities. But Florida definitely has had meth for a very long time.

He sounds like he's using jail to flee from some really scary people.

I'm glad he's safe n nobody was injured or worse.

Hope He can get the help he needs badly. !