• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Using Codeine Linctus

I couldn't agree more about Antipsychotics, however Promethazine(phenergan) doesn't behave as an anti-psychotic at typical oral doses, or hasn't behaved that way with me during my usage.
As an antihistaminic, appetite booster & sedative, yeah it has.
Best,
Tez

I would occasionallly take it after nightshift to help me sleep when I got home. Typically, I'd take a fairly low dose of 20-30mg. It doesn pretty good job of inducing sleep and keeping me asleep (which during the daytime in the summer is quite hard) but left me feeling extreme groggy when I got up.

well I took 280mg codeine tonight and felt absolutely nothing :X. Some noticable itchiness, but no pleasant effects.

Just my luck to be immune. Is there anything that potentiates codeine for those of us who don't metabolise it well?

I've been depressed since they banned kratom and now I worry I'll start drinking again, and I just don't want to go down that route

IMO the most important thing to get a good buzz from codeine is taking it on a totally empty stomach, I've never found any other potentiator actually work. Also, what is your tolerance like?

IMO the most important thing to get a good buzz from codeine is taking it on a totally empty stomach, I've never found any other potentiator actually work. Also, what is your tolerance like?

Another thing to consider is that some people just don't like opiates. I find that totally hard to believe, but it's true. I've (rather recklessly) given heroin to several novices that didn't take to it at all. Whereas others have ended up totally addicted. Forever Changes, Just be thankful it doesn't do it for you...

Hmm, perhaps you need to double your dose. Not great HR, but it ain't gonna kill ya...

I wouldn't double it. That sounds too risky, especially after reading Backfromthebrink's near-death allergy experience. Itchiness I can handle, but I don't want my throat swelling closed

I have quite a severe peanut allergy and I don't know if that would make me more susceptible to histamine release and anaphylaxis. I often hear about people dying from allergic reactions - it's pretty nasty. Is histamine release dose dependent?

no tolerance at all . You would have thought that even at only 280-300mg I would feel something at least, even if it is a weak opiate

I will try to have an empty stomach next time

Another thing to consider is that some people just don't like opiates. I find that totally hard to believe, but it's true. I've (rather recklessly) given heroin to several novices that didn't take to it at all. Whereas others have ended up totally addicted. Forever Changes, Just be thankful it doesn't do it for you...

well it's not a question of liking them or not, it's just that codeine doesn't appear to work. I will probably give poppy seed tea a try - do you know if that is metabolised by the same enzyme that codeine is?

Last edited:
I wouldn't double it. That sounds too risky, especially after reading Backfromthebrink's near-death allergy experience. Itchiness I can handle, but I don't want my throat swelling closed

I have quite a severe peanut allergy and I don't know if that would make me more susceptible to histamine release and anaphylaxis. I often hear about people dying from allergic reactions - it's pretty nasty. Is histamine realse dose dependent?

no tolerance at all . You would have thought that even at only 280-300mg I would feel something at least, even if it is a weak opiate

well it's not a question of liking them or not, it's just that codeine doesn't appear to work. I will probably give poppy seed tea a try - do you know if that is metabolised by the same enzyme that codeine is?

IMO, I think you need to give up trying. I've no idea how your peanut allergy may impact upon the use of other substances, but if you get nothing out of codeine other than 'noticeable itchyness', then that to me says "don't push yer luck". Honestly mate, be careful what you wish for.

Also, don't even bother with poppy seeds - they're too unreliable. But to be brutally honest, forget about opiates. It's a one way ticket to hell...

but poppy pods are better? Provided you can get a quality source?

Poppy pods ARE better, yes. I've never bought them so can't comment on quality sources. But as has been said before, any activity from the seeds relies upon a sufficient coating of latex from the pods. There's no point buying a bag of poppy seeds from Sainsbury's because they will have been washed. A better bet would be to check out Asian shops for bulk poppy seeds. But expect to waste a lot of time and effort finding a decent dose...

Poppy pods ARE better, yes. I've never bought them so can't comment on quality sources. But as has been said before, any activity from the seeds relies upon a sufficient coating of latex from the pods. There's no point buying a bag of poppy seeds from Sainsbury's because they will have been washed. A better bet would be to check out Asian shops for bulk poppy seeds. But expect to waste a lot of time and effort finding a decent dose...

Yeah, I've never had poppy seeds or pods or kratom or any of that stuff. Thing is, when I was on opiates, my tollerence was so fucking stupid that I doubt it would have touched it .

That's the thing with being scripted huge doses of things like morphine, fent, methadone and oxy, it allows you to physically take quantities over time that you would never be able to do if you were actually paying for your drugs on the street. You simply couldn't afford the vast consumption necessary to BUILD a tollerence like I had. I don't like talking about doses on here in case it gives anyone ideas, but many times I uses to consume 1g (1,000mg) of methadone tablets over a weekend (2 days) or 1,000mg of oxy a day for a week straight....and let's not even get started on the fent (when my tollerence was at its highest)...not dick sizing here, it's just facts...and shows that even at that level of consumption....you CAN stop.

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER... Do this and it will kill you etc.etc.

^ I guess it depends on the doctor. My doctor didn't even want to give me Co-Codomol when I had a legitimate - and painful - ear infection because she said it was 'addictive'. Some of these GPs are so clueless

^ I guess it depends on the doctor. My doctor didn't even want to give me Co-Codomol when I had a legitimate - and painful - ear infection because she said it was 'addictive'. Some of these GPs are so clueless

It does depend on the doctor.. but I had some very serious medical problems.

While I'm sure your ear was really painful, to be fair, that's treated with antibiotics. Opioid analgesics wouldn't be terribly effective and I bet the vast majority of GPs would decline to give you opiates for that...In the US they often give oxy for a tooth extraction but I've had some very bad dental work done including having to cut the gum open with a scalpel and drill into the bone to get a stubborn wisdom tooth out and I got a local aesthetic and nothing else at all...

Yeah, my first recreational experience with codeine was 60mg, it got me high and itchy as fuck. It also was the start of over 11 years of opiate addiction, from 60mg codeine to CWEing anywhere up to 1000mg codeine/DHC, to poppy pods, to heroin.

Poppy seed or poppy pod tea isn't dependant on liver metabolism to get you high, it's morphine and other alkaloids that get you high with it. I used to get 1 or 2 kg of poppy pods a week for years, it was actually a good bit cheaper than CWEing a load of codeine, but the addiction was also a lot worse. Acute withdrawal for 2 weeks minimum, vomiting for a week, miserable for months, be careful with it if you do go for it and start small. Just because codeine wasn't effective for you, doesn't mean PST or PPT would be either

It is defo codeine you've got, not pholcodine or something?

^yeah it's definitely Codeine linctus. Was hard to find

thanks for the advice. I always try to be as careful as possible and start small

The thing with opiates is they are really nice, no doubt about it. As for first time use it depends on the individual. How much willpower do you have?

^yeah it's definitely Codeine linctus. Was hard to find

thanks for the advice. I always try to be as careful as possible and start small

I was thinking it might be pholcodeine as well actually...since virtually no one sells codeine linctus OTC anymore.

But if you're saying it's not then I guess it's not

Codeine linctus can be hard to find but it's readily available usually in smaller independent pharmacies. They always try to fob you off with pholcodine first but if you say you've tried that with no success they usually pull out the good linctus.

well I took 250mg and I definitely felt it hit my head pretty quickly - it was a kind of groggy, heavy-headedness feeling, but not anything I could remotely describe as 'euphoric' or a high/buzz. And the next morning I just had a bit of a hangover

is that what most people feel with codeine?

I remember drinking bout 1/3 lr of kaolin and morphine - just the clear stuff at the top and it was like tripping -amazing buzz lasted hours if anything like opium.
I have a box of 30/500 never been arsed to cwe as always score gear but if i did an extraction what would the equivilent of .5 of gear at @50% pure.
Hi to any of you ol buggers who remember me.....blondins still in the urban dictionary lol