• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Using Codeine Linctus

Guinea pigs can't vomit either (& rodents in general I just read)

yeah I know. I'm going to try one last go with codeine

if still no resuts are had, I'll abandoned OTC altogether

Forever Changes, I've been following your increasingly desperate & persistent urge to somehow both obtain codeine in whatever codeine-containing product you can procure, successfully extract it, & feel your personally desired effect from it

This is not a criticism nor judgement, & I may well have missed some crucial information from your posts, but it worries me that I'm sure I've read several threads regarding this, that you're seeking out more & more otc codeine-based products without knowing if they are going to be effective or how to extract the Codeine

Of course, you are right in asking & people are giving you the benefit of their knowledge & experience, but I just wonder if there is a different path you could walk for the relief you seem so determined & adamant can only be relieved by Codeine that you have to muck around with to extract

I'm sure I've read you say that you'll try one last time then give up on it, more than once (apologies if I'm wrong) & it worries me that you feel that poppy pods (whilst although from a pretty, natural flower, contain Morphine and come with their own very real dangers) are your next port of call

Is there no avenue you can go down, whether it be GP, substance misuse service or if you're not struggling with addiction but feel you need 'something' to prevent you drinking alcohol again, somewhere like Turning Point, who may be able to provide practical help to find non-pharmaceutical solutions to combat the cravings?

I'm sorry if I've misinterpreted your situation; I have addiction issues myself, but I just see you not getting the results you're after & more & more suggestions coming your way & I worry that your determined search & focus will have undesirable consequences for you

I hope you find what you are looking for safely & take care of yourself <3

Guinea pigs can't vomit either (& rodents in general I just read)

Forever Changes, I've been following your increasingly desperate & persistent urge to somehow both obtain codeine in whatever codeine-containing product you can procure, successfully extract it, & feel your personally desired effect from it

This is not a criticism nor judgement, & I may well have missed some crucial information from your posts, but it worries me that I'm sure I've read several threads regarding this, that you're seeking out more & more otc codeine-based products without knowing if they are going to be effective or how to extract the Codeine

Of course, you are right in asking & people are giving you the benefit of their knowledge & experience, but I just wonder if there is a different path you could walk for the relief you seem so determined & adamant can only be relieved by Codeine that you have to muck around with to extract

I'm sure I've read you say that you'll try one last time then give up on it, more than once (apologies if I'm wrong) & it worries me that you feel that poppy pods (whilst although from a pretty, natural flower, contain Morphine and come with their own very real dangers) are your next port of call

Is there no avenue you can go down, whether it be GP, substance misuse service or if you're not struggling with addiction but feel you need 'something' to prevent you drinking alcohol again, somewhere like Turning Point, who may be able to provide practical help to find non-pharmaceutical solutions to combat the cravings?

I'm sorry if I've misinterpreted your situation; I have addiction issues myself, but I just see you not getting the results you're after & more & more suggestions coming your way & I worry that your determined search & focus will have undesirable consequences for you

I hope you find what you are looking for safely & take care of yourself <3

It is a little bit concerning...not so much about the codeine itself per se. but more the persistence to keep trying with what most would have seen as a lost cause by now.

I think mainly because most of us can see where the road that trying to persue one high as a means to avoid persuing another leads to...as oppose to addressing why the need to persue either actually exists in the first place.

I'm sorry if I've annoyed anybody

I really value the knowledge that people have on this forum, and the advice you give - including HR advice, but I'm new to most of this so a lot of my questions may seem overly-obvious. Everybody was a newbie once though, right?! And I hoped that chronicling my experiences - good and bad - would be helpful to others

Considering that we're dealing with procedures and substances that could be potentially very dangerous if handled or used incorrectly, I figure its better to be over-cautious and ask too many questions than ask too few and dive in without thinking of the potential risks. If I'm a little over-zealous or over persistant with my questions then I'm sorry, but I figure better safe than sorry. Harm reduction is always most important. I do appreciate all the advice people give

Have you tried dihydrocodeine? The enzyme issues (assuming that they are the problem) shouldn't apply and panadol or co-drydamol are OTC but quite a bit more expensive..

OTC codeine/dihydrocodeine and paracetamol products are the only way you're actually going to get an OTC opiate buzz though....all the OTC morphine products are a total non starter for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

I know, I've heeded your advice about OTC products (although I'm still on the lookout for Gees linctus - not had much success!). I haven't decided about DHC yet

I really value the knowledge that people have on this forum, and the advice you give - including HR advice, but I'm new to most of this so a lot of my questions may seem overly-obvious. Everybody was a newbie once though, right?! And I hoped that chronicling my experiences - good and bad - would be helpful to others

Considering that we're dealing with procedures and substances that could be potentially very dangerous if handled or used incorrectly, I figure its better to be over-cautious and ask too many questions than ask too few and dive in without thinking of the potential risks. If I'm a little over-zealous or over persistant with my questions then I'm sorry, but I figure better safe than sorry. Harm reduction is always most important. I do appreciate all the advice people give

You certainly haven't annoyed me, & doubt anybody else either & I'm sorry if I gave the impression your posts were annoying

Your questions are perfectly valid & you are doing the right thing by checking safety aspects rather than being gung-ho & diving in
I just worry about your single-minded focus & determination that this is the only solution for you - I'm not saying it isn't, how could I know?
Just being a mumsy worrier & hoping that you can find something that works for you without having to trawl a million chemists & filter out all the shit to get something you're not even sure works for you

Re Gees Linctus, even in the '90's, pharmacists were wise to the 'Gees blag'
An old friend, once he'd used up his Gees tokens a couple of times in every nearby chemist, would get his friends to take their turns buying it for him
It ended up easier & more convenient for him to buy heroin & inject it for a couple of decades, though ironically, he died clean, falling off his bike

Dude you've not annoyed anyone...

It's just that many have gone down the road of opiate dependence and its not fun....it's a trap some never escape from and people just don't want that to happen to you....it's only cos people genuinely care about not seeing that happen to you.

I'd echo the fact that several members here - living and dead - started on opiated OTC cough mixtures and/or pod tea before ending up on heroin. Happens far, far easier than you may think. Tread carefully, very carefully

I'd echo that echo.

Moment of silent appreciation though.. that 600mg codeine linctus is still fairly easily obtainable here in the UK... for something like a whacking all-consuming toothache..

I drank a full bottle once.

I had a massive histamine reaction, my face puffed up to about 3x it's usual size...I couldn't even see out of me eyes!

Had to go to the docs and get some strong anti histamines, I forget what they were...

Won't be doing that again!

Owch!

And as for worrying about ME...lol. I've ceased bothering. I figure sooner or later something is gonna do for me. Although my best guess is either fall from high place due to seizure, possibly somebody murdering me after one causes property destruction, or else I'll end up giving myself an acid bath, or worse.

Opiate-wise I'm buggered in that respect. Probably be on the things for the duration. Unless anybody has a spare lower right side in a suitable tissue type.....we got any serial killers here?

Although plan is to work on tolerance (my doc is in favour of it now. That or else he's pissed enough at my aiming for the same thing for enough years...I never was great at reading NTs..:p)