Training Log First Cycle Log

Don't worry about the igf or hgh really. Save the money. After you've been on for awhile you can do an igf1 test. I think the hgh test you'd IM 10iu gh 2 hrs before blood work to compare it to others seen online to see the quality of your gh. Honestly I don't see a point in doing it if you're using a reputable gh. There's also lifextension.com as well. They're cbc is pretty comprehensive and cheap. Both sites give you results in like three days.

Noted.

And is it sufficient that it only tests total testosterone and not free testosterone?

Noted.

And is it sufficient that it only tests total testosterone and not free testosterone?

Have a read of this article....

Will Brink is very knowledgeable...

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink12.htm

In the UK, needle exchanges often offer free blood tests for bodybuilders where they test everything...

The only time I've ever had mine done was as an experiment where I ran 250mg Testoviron for 3 weeks and IIRC my total testosterone was 1200ng/dl which is at the upper, upper limit for a natural (natural range is 300-1200...but 1200 is extremely rare and a total genetic freak of nature).

It will be interesting to see yours....

Also I think free test is important since test bound to SHBG is inactive... (I think)

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for your reply. Just going to wait on for a couple more people to chime in on whether i need to add in a free testosterone test before i order the lab work.

Yeah, I've read that too about sub-q test for TRT but it's not ideal...plus your talking about people who take like 1/2 ml every 2 weeks while on TRT..not the amount bodybuilders use..

Sub-q for very small volumes is an alternative but if you read the bottle in all pharmaceutical steroids, the all say "for deep intramuscular injection". and that's how they are designed to be taken...

Unless there's a reason not to, always go with what the people who make the drug advise.

And your macros seem fine

I've tried subq for TRT (abs), and it crashed my blood testosterone levels.. I've written about it here somewhere, monitored with blood tests and only showed 9.4 from memory, then same vial same dose IM bumped it up to 30's..
Wouldn't recommend, for me personally lowest bloods I've ever had, utter crap..!!!

Also I think free test is important since test bound to SHBG is inactive... (I think)

That's what we have been led to believe, We are starting to discover non androgen receptor mediated effects via hormone still bound to SHBG targeting G-Protein Coupled Receptors..

I've posted a link to it somewhere here..

Last edited:
I've tried subq for TRT (abs), and it crashed my blood testosterone levels.. I've written about it here somewhere, monitored with blood tests and only showed 9.4 from memory, then same vial same dose IM bumped it up to 30's..
Wouldn't recommend, for me personally lowest bloods I've ever had, utter crap..!!!

Yup....I was trying to say that while it is an alternative it's not suitable for large volumes, the vast majority steroid users (not TRT) don't do it, its not how they were designed and 1/2ml TRT and multi ml PED use is very different....

Wasn't saying IM was the "only way" ....just the best way given the circumstances..

That's what we have been led to believe, We are starting to discover non androgen receptor mediated effects via hormone still bound to SHBG targeting G-Protein Coupled Receptors..

Very interesting....didn't know that.

Do you remember Dan Duchaine and others theorizing that there is significant anabolic stimulus occurring through mechanisms outside of the androgen receptor once doses reach a certain level? (I think he said >5g/week)...although he never offered much in the way of actual evidence for it..

Not entirely sure what that means. Forgive my ignorance, but i take it you're implying it would be ok to forego adding the test for free test levels?

Not entirely sure what that means. Forgive my ignorance, but i take it you're implying it would be ok to forego adding the test for free test levels?

No he's saying that bound test is important.(bound test = total test - free test)

Testosterone in the blood is either "free" and able to attach to rhe androgen recepror or it is "bound" to something called Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and unable to attach to the receptor..The 2 added together give total testosterone.

I was commenting that the bound portion of testosterone is inactive and only the free part is significant when it comes to building muscle .but Genetic Freak was noting that while that's what we've been led to believe, bound testosterone is also important for muscle building via mechanisms mediated outside the androgen receptor and so IS important.

To summarise, I think it would be a good idea to get both free and total testosterone levels checked.

To summarise, I think it would be a good idea to get both free and total testosterone levels checked.

Yeah, absolutely.

One day they may do some major research to really nail down the differences between free/bound in terms of outcomes.

Found the following test for $175. includes igf, which seems prudent considering i'm using HGH. This price seem reasonable, or can i get it cheaper somewhere else?

Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Estradiol, Sensitive
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)
Testosterone, Free (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
Thyroid Profile w/ TSH: Free Thyroxine Index (FTI);Thyroxine (T4); Thyroid Hormone Binding Ratio (T3 Uptake); Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

Eh, bear in mind that AAS causes a gigantic increase in IGF-1 anyway, so it's not really going to tell you anything unless you do the exact same cycle again but without the GH.

Ok, thank you for the replies.

Getting the basic female hormone profile test done tomorrow. Within the week when i have some more money, i will have free testosterone taken.

Getting the blood taken in two hours. Fasted 12 hours as recommended, but just drank half a cup of black coffee. Could this skew the results? Getting some mixed answers online.

You don't really need to fast. Idk why it says to unless your getting fasted blood glucose done. It just says it for every test.

Getting the blood taken in two hours. Fasted 12 hours as recommended, but just drank half a cup of black coffee. Could this skew the results? Getting some mixed answers online.

You don't really need to fast. Idk why it says to unless your getting fasted blood glucose done. It just says it for every test.

Not just for blood glucose mate...You need to be fasted for triglycerides which form part of the lipid panel (cholesterol).

Not just for blood glucose mate...You need to be fasted for triglycerides which form part of the lipid panel (cholesterol).

Ah good to know. I only do lipids really like twice a year after heavy blasts. Usually my triglycerides are good except last time when I blasted them to hell with tren, halo and Winstrol.

The technician confirmed i didn't need to fast. Oh well, lol.

Will post results when i receive them.

Just pinned 200 test e/ 200 boldenone in my ass cheek. Hurt a bit more than quad. I attribute it to the fact that it's a 20gauge rig, and it was harder to hold it perfectly steady while reaching behind me.

Jesus fucking christ man. Have a nice blood geyser coming out of your ass ya? I use a 25g 1".

Jesus fucking christ man. Have a nice blood geyser coming out of your ass ya? I use a 25g 1".

This.

A 20g is FAR too big. They're just used for drawing up out of the vial/ampule or in a paramedic environment when we need to blast fluids in quick if someone is in shock or massively hypertensive... or for when we inject IV glucose into soneone having a hypo, as it has to be in a large vein and through a large bore to avoid burning and tissue damage...They are not suitable for IM steroid injections....you may get away with it for now but you are causing massive scar tissue build up which will get so bad that sticking a needle into it in the future will sound and feel like sticking a knife into an apple and you won't be able to depress the plunger...plus you are making it unnecessarily painful.

A blue needle which is 25 gauge 1 inch or at most a green 23 gauge 1.25 inch is the biggest you should be using.. If you don't have access to a needle exchange, you can buy them online very cheaply..

Almost zero blood actually. Only a tiny speck. And the pain was very mild, and only any at all because it was hard to keep it steady while reaching behind me. Hitting my upper quad was painless last time.

Will try try to order some 23 gauge or something. Will scar tissue build up really be that significant of a difference between 20 and 23 gauge? I’m also only injecting twice per week with different spots every time.

thanks for the replies.