• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.S. - Man says he was injected with anti-psychotic drugs in mistaken identity case

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Man says he was injected with anti-psychotic drugs in mistaken identity case
Torsten Ove
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
January 3rd, 2018

Eugene Wright of Meadville says police and medical workers got the wrong man when they transported him to the local hospital this summer and injected him with anti-psychotic drugs against his will, thinking he was someone else.

"The experience that I went through, this should never happen to anybody. It's very simple to check ID," said Mr. Wright, 63. "These people need to be held responsible."

Mr. Wright and his wife, Carolyn Wright, made their allegations in a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday against the police in Meadville, the Meadville Medical Center and a local crisis center, Stairways Behavioral Health.

Mr. Wright had the misfortune to have the same name as another Eugene Wright, a psychiatric patient who police said had issued threats at his doctor's office, his suit says.

Mr. Wright said he was walking to his car near his home after completing his shift at an auto parts store on June 15 when two Meadville police officers and a representative of the crisis center confronted him.

Read the full story here.

Holy shit...I sometimes read so.etbimg that makes me say man that kinda restores my faith in humanity...then there is this...

How could so many agencies drop the ball like that. The cops should get it the worst, I've always benn asked to show I'd even on simple encounters.

What a bunch of completely incompetent morons