• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Frequently getting a virus after mdma?

Rolleyrolley2128

Greenlighter
The first time I took mdma (May 2017) was in an ikea pill (strong pill 200mg ish) and the day after I got flu like symptoms that lasted a week. I've done pills (150mg ones) once / twice a month since then and been fine however, the other day I did 3 md bombs and have gotten sick again afterwards. I have a runny nose, sore throat, headache and feel super dizzy! It almost feels like it's still in my body too due to scatty dreams. I did drink beforehand though, would this have an effect? Is it my body not coping well with a high dosage of mdma? Or is this normal to get sick due to the low immune system? How do I stop getting ill all the time after mdma? My friend said I'm not staying hydrated enough during rolling but I heard you can't drink too much water rolling?

(I'm only 18 & lanky btw, 200mg is a high dosage for me)

Might a compromised immune system. Zinc is good for the immune system as well as the usual vitamins. There was a few times when my MDMA daze where I was sick for a few days after an intense roll. I started eating fruit while rolling (which felt amazing) and pre-loading with a multivitamin and fruit smoothie beforehand.

Hope this helps

MDMA is known to be immunosuppressive so this is not surprising.

Also the contaminants in MDMA can make you sick like that.
Last, but not least, 200mg is an excessive dose that can make you sick like that.

If you feel that you need a 200mg dose to get anywhere, then there is something wrong with you (tolerance buildup) or your MDMA.
You will know, that your MDMA is bad if your pupils do not dilate like in this picture after 100mg.

My friend said I'm not staying hydrated enough during rolling but I heard you can't drink too much water rolling?

He is right about pure water which can lead to deathly hyponatremia and edema.
But you can drink isotonic sport drinks, like Gatorade, because they contain salt (NaCl) which prevent hyponatremia. Avoid drinks with artificial sweeteners.
...or use water with sugar, lemon juice and kitchen salt (NaCl) or salted tomato juice.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDMA is known to be immunosuppressive so this is not surprising.

Also the contaminants in MDMA can make you sick like that.
Last, but not least, 200mg is an excessive dose that can make you sick like that.

If you feel that you need a 200mg dose to get anywhere, then there is something wrong with you (tolerance buildup) or your MDMA.
You will know, that your MDMA is bad if your pupils do not dilate like in this picture after 100mg.

Presumably they just took the pill without knowing/understanding, or perhaps particularly minding the dose, especially given that it was their first pill. There is no need to presume that there is something 'wrong with them', or their MDMA.

As for the OP: Ello, and welcome to bluelight. :)

I used to get this a lot. I've discussed this with people on here a lot and the general consensus was:
- MDMA lowering immune system.
- Being in rooms/clubs full of people being a perfect vector for spreading viruses
- Sharing of notes, if you did that; or even water bottles etc. Perfect for spreading sinus infection.
- MDMA comedown adding to the cold
- Often people don't have the best lifestyles health wise during drug using phases. Eat/keep a healthy diet, and as has been said, maybe pre and post load with a multivitamin.

I also tend to find that a dose of around 130mg~ is good for hitting the sweet spot and lessening the comedown/likelihood of infection.

Last edited:
Presumably they just took the pill without knowing/understanding, or perhaps particularly minding the dose, especially given that it was their first pill. There is no need to presume that there is something 'wrong with them', or their MDMA.
I was referring to the 200mg dose which is excessive, especially for a first time user.
I still think that if a user cannot get high with half that dose, then either they have built up a tolerance to it or there is something wrong with the drug, especially when a new user does not experience Mydriasis with 100mg.

This might sound unrealistic in the era of mega-dose Dutch pills, but I feel it's true nontheless.

I agree on your other points about:

MDMA lowering immune system.
- Being in rooms/clubs full of people being a perfect vector for spreading viruses
- Sharing of notes, if you did that; or even water bottles etc. Perfect for spreading sinus infection.
- MDMA comedown adding to the cold
- Often people don't have the best lifestyles health wise during drug using phases. Eat/keep a healthy diet, and as has been said, maybe pre and post load with a multivitamin.