• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can’t live with it Can’t live without it...

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
So I’ve been a daily smoker for 14 out of the last 15 years. Until about 5 years ago I smoked anywhere from 1-3.5gs a day. After abusing psychedelics my use went way down due to the accompanying anxiety. This year I used weed to kick opiates, benzos, and speed. Now that I’ve made it past the acute withdrawal I was expecting some of the anxiety to go away but alas, it has not

TLDR: I feel fucking terrible if I don’t smoke about .8gs a day but I also feel crippled with anxiety the whole time I’m high so I’m kinda stuck in a rut as weed is the only reason I was able to quit the hard stuff. Anyone else in the same position? Sounds weird but I’m really starting to miss mid grade bud, it’s like the stuff is too strong for me to enjoy myself on it. Think cbd would make a suitable replacement?

Yeah I’m currently smoking pot to fend off cravings for heroin and meth. The best advice is to slowly taper to just a few tokes. My biggest problem with marijuana is the financial and legal shit.
You’re not alone by far. Yes smoking is a habit we still have, but it in my situation it’s far better than the IV poly drug use lifestyle

Salutations FlawedByDesign,

Such evocative alias!

...feel fucking terrible if I don’t smoke... ... ...crippled with anxiety the whole time I’m high... ... ...like the stuff is too strong...

Maybe a change of consumption method & ritual might open some new perspectives; why not avoid complications by toxic combustion anyway: adopt a "1-hitter" type of vaporizer instead! If possible have one which appears to promote self-awareness associated with the notion of dosing. Smoking is a form of abuse inviting more trouble-inducing use after all! Consider just the conversion from smoking to to vaporism alone will represent a tangible improvement health-wise, if not an economy of noble cannabic material justifying the purchase...

As a smoker you're certain to hit a wall then face a T-Break, as a vaporist you may realize gains in terms of self-vilification vs durable freedom. Why not stop repeating the same mistakes, go explore!

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

It’s weird, I feel like my dissociative/psychedelic abuse gave me a sort of reverse tolerance. I feel the need to take a toke every couple of hours but I get a mini panic every time. I would like to get another Vaporgenie and maybe experiment with some cbd isolate infused firecrackers. Thanks for the replies!

i feel the same way about weed minuse the psych uses ruining weed. but the fact that heavy weed use for only a week even makes me very depressed/angry/anxious is besided the psych use. Weed itself is a drug that causes bad anxiety when abused despite the paradox thaat it has some sort of numbing effext thats paradoxal (like you will be anxious as shit but happer than if u were sober and non anxious). But when i abuse weed and when the high has worn off the next day i find myself paranoid anxious and socially very fucked up..like i'm angry and paraoind about everyone

i know how well weed helps to kick opioids and gabergenics once you are in the PAWS phase after about 3-6 days from ceasing use of hard drugs. It really does make it bearable.

have u tried nootropics? i find highdose thenanine and tyrosine to be fantastic but it only works for about 4 hours.

hard physical cardio (swimming) when i get out of work is the only thing that keeps me from using any drug during the work week. if i don't swim its impossible to not go get weed or drink or take ganergenics/kratom that i have on hand. when i swim hard for 30 min or more each nite i get a natural endorphin/dopamine rush that is enough for me to abstain, combined with the motivation of wanting to be sharp the next mroning....i also take a solid dose of 5htp, and valerian before i go excercise inthe pool so tha t they are hitting me once i'm done swimming...i honestly feels as good as if i had taken a high dose of kratom except it doesn't last as long.

on the weekend however, without work to motivate me to stay sharp and the whole week of being sober, the benzos, kratom, alcohol and weed if i have it all come out of their box...but since they are only left to 1 or 2x a week its not that mentally damaging

i cant reccomend hard cardio as a substitute more than enough.

kratom is good too if you can keep it to 2x a week which takes incredible will power, but it wont damage you mentally as much as weed and the high will be less anxiety causing too..actually totally the opposite total relief

Last edited:
Hi again FlawedByDesign,

I would like to get another Vaporgenie and maybe experiment with some cbd isolate infused firecrackers.

If you're already aware of my long venture using the VG pipe as a prototyping platform then i'll just refer to the DynaVap as a simpler potential "1-Hitter" alternative, not to mention it's ready-made, though possibly with longer delays due to its spiral path plus lots of thermal inertia.

The reader needs to know that i couldn't operate a genuine VG Classic myself at 1st, while today i feel VapCaps promise plenty of fun for the money if you don't require self-moisturization (etc.) anyway - imagine playing with induction as suggested here, but you must have seen that too!

Honestly, "Micro-Bursting" is more like what i really had in mind and this does appear to imply some DIY i'm afraid. Perhaps switching to vaporism would be challenge enough: by avoiding to destroy half of the noble molecules to heat the other half you'd double the toking from each bowl. That may not suffice to address tolerance but it certainly removes economic stress...

As for THC vs CBD i'd seek balance instead of going centric.

Good day, have fun!! =D