• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My liver pussed out how do I go on

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
My livers in baaaad shape guys. Doctor said I'm close to fatal cirrosis but I have no desire to give up drug and alcohol abuse.

But I still really want to get high and fucked up. I don't think I can face life sober, and I really don't want to even try.

Besides I'm 21 and my liver is already Fucking screwed what the fuck is the point in caring? I'm gonna die soon anyways from this, may as well run with it

yeah that happens, you gonna have to stop or start dying..... basically your liver is a gauge of when you need to stop using.... When mine starts aching I take a few days off.... I started using a LIVER SUPPLEMENT, with milk thistle and other things and it worked like a charm.... my liver enzyme levels are all normal now according to my blood test they did at the methadone clinic

yeah that happens, you gonna have to stop or start dying..... basically your liver is a gauge of when you need to stop using.... When mine starts aching I take a few days off.... I started using a LIVER SUPPLEMENT, with milk thistle and other things and it worked like a charm.... my liver enzyme levels are all normal now according to my blood test they did at the methadone clinic

Your liver can heal? My rehab doc basically told me to fuck off with the drugs or Die

Everything, every organ has a limit but if you can't quit right now then at least try to use supplements and diet to at least give it a chance.

I guess you gotta ask yourself fucking straight up if you want to drink/drug yourself to death now or quit and try to salvage what you can. You can survive with 20% liver function I believe. You gotta make the decision now tho because a few more drinks could literally be the end of it.

Everything, every organ has a limit but if you can't quit right now then at least try to use supplements and diet to at least give it a chance.

If his liver is as bad as he says I don't think any amount of supplements is going to help him if he keeps drinking.

Your liver can heal? My rehab doc basically told me to fuck off with the drugs or Die

The liver can often heal over time, and there are times when it could become essentially normal over time. However, if the damage progresses to cirrhosis, I've been told that it can't heal or at least cannot get anywhere even close to where it was prior to drinking and/or using drugs. If you quit drugs, from what you say, you still have a chance. The doctor said that you face fatal cirrhosis if you keep using drugs. If you quit, you have a shot. I understand that the thought of facing life sober is scary, but in the end, it is easier than you think. Think about it this way, you faced life every day of life sober throughout your whole childhood and up until the day that you first drank or took a drug. While that may be many years in the past now, you faced every day sober then and you can do the same thing now if you set your mind to it. It sounds like this is your only option at this point, though I certainly understand that it's a challenging step, but you'll be able to do it.

The liver can often heal over time, and there are times when it could become essentially normal over time. However, if the damage progresses to cirrhosis, I've been told that it can't heal or at least cannot get anywhere even close to where it was prior to drinking and/or using drugs. If you quit drugs, from what you say, you still have a chance. The doctor said that you face fatal cirrhosis if you keep using drugs. If you quit, you have a shot. I understand that the thought of facing life sober is scary, but in the end, it is easier than you think. Think about it this way, you faced life every day of life sober throughout your whole childhood and up until the day that you first drank or took a drug. While that may be many years in the past now, you faced every day sober then and you can do the same thing now if you set your mind to it. It sounds like this is your only option at this point, though I certainly understand that it's a challenging step, but you'll be able to do it.

My childhood was traumatic and my pre drug state was borderline suicidal, as dramatic as it sounds I can't remember what safe feels like

I know this might not influence you to stop drinking and doing drugs, and I mean well and want you to get better, but since you seem to not be quite sure whether or not you are about living or dying consider this: you might feel like it might not be too bad to just drink or drug yourself to death and you might just go to sleep and not wake up and die peacefully, but unfortunately dying from liver failure is EXTREMELY SLOW AND PAINFUL.

If you choose not to quit drinking and using drugs and die from liver damage it will NOT be quick and you will probably be in EXTREME pain for MANY days.

You won't just go to sleep and die peacefully.

I'm only telling you that cause maybe it'll wake you up and make you quit.

I mean dude, there ARE drugs that are not bad for your liver that you can get high on.

What about just smoking weed?

There's also probably a whole lot of other drugs that you'd be able to safely get high on.

I mean I'm no doctor, but I bet the following would all be ok to use in moderation even with a bad liver: weed, Adderall, benzos IN MODERATION, MAYBE a LITTLE bit of Kratom, nitrous, LSD, MAYBE shrooms, not sure about others....but if it's a smoke-able then you'd probably be more likely to be ok.

I hope you can pull through and not have your liver crap out on you.

If nothing else just think about how painful it would be.

I've heard that sometimes people can be going through liver failure for A WEEK OR MORE with extreme pain before they die, and I bet every one of those hours feels like days from the pain.

Just trying to wake you up man...you don't want to go out like that.

Good luck.

Sure there are drugs that you can do that won't hurt your liver. The thing is that you must be clean to receive a transplant. Once the the liver is scarring you are playing damage control. It's a roll of the dice whether or not you will improve if you stop right now and I assume you mean alcohol because that's the most toxic. Liver failure destroys your metabolism, soon you will need tons of protein, you will swell around the abdomen and it will put pressure on your lungs. This requires a big ass needle on a regular basis to drain the fluid. If you are unlucky you can end up with hepatic hydrothorax which is fluid in your pleural space then you really can't breathe. For that you may end up with an implanted catheter that you empty from your right side or just repeatedly get the big needle in your upper right back between the ribs. Coagulation will be affected and you will bleed like mad from anything. Spironolactone will likely be prescribed in high doses and the side effects are erectile dysfunction and the growth of breasts. Ammonia will accumulate in your system and your will become confused and delerious and not in a good way - you will lose time and find out you've been abusive to your loved ones (Google hepatic encephalopathy). Likely you will live quite a while with these issues, it's not a quick death. Decisions decisions

I forgot to mention that between the malabsorption in your gut and the lactulose that you will likely be on, your bowels will run so much that sometimes you may not make it to the bathroom and will always need to know where the closest one is

Your liver can be 70% non-functional and regenerate. Half of it can be cut out and donated and it'll grow back. The liver is incredibly resilient. Cirrhosis is serious. Even if you heal you will likely have fibrotic scarring for life. That said, you can regain a lot of function... if only you could cut out the substances.

N-acetyl-cysteine helps the body replenish glutathione. You can actually get NAC and glutathione injections. If your body is low, which is probably is, then it'll take them and do a rapid detox. Your liver probably needs mega doses of B vitamins, especially methyl folate and methyl B12. All of these nutrients and co-factors are needed as part of the liver's natural detox diet.

You should be on milk thistle, orally, every day. It will protect what liver tissue is remaining and maybe help regenerate some.

Diet wise, if you can drink some beet juice or eat cooked beets every day, that will probably help too. Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflour... all have the essentials for body detoxing, as they are sulfurous.

Avoid detox kits and taking "detox" herb formulas. They will probably ruin you more. What you need is nutrition. Cirrhosis usually starts when the liver runs out of co-factors to detox the body, so it starts storing the toxins in its tissues. If you re-introduce what it needs maybe you can help yourself.

If you have access to an affordable naturopathic doctor, they can guide you in this. But it depends on what area you're in. In some areas NDs are highly developed while in other areas their qualifications are lacking and they do a lot of quack medicine. What part of the world are you in?

Is there any way to cut back on the drugs even if you can't stop them? Like, 50% less use?

Do what Foreigner said! Even if you can only do part of it, it will help.

Back in 2010 I OD'ed twice, on multiple stuff, the first time included 30 Ibuprofen and the second 30 paracetamol and alcohol.

I was told after the paracetamol that I'd severely damaged my liver and not to use alcohol for 6 months. I continued to use opioids and diazepam, my liver is thankfully fine now.
I don't use benzo's any more but still use opioids.