Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut (1.5g) + Amphetamine (55mg) - semi-experienced - a total waste

richardj

Bluelighter
I had been trying phenibut in combination with various substances since I discovered it recently, and I had read several reports online that it was a great combo with amphetamine/meth (my amphetamine is street amphetamine that I understand contains some proportion of meth fwiw) that "combines the good aspects of both drugs" and "takes the edge off the speed", so I thought it was worth a try.

I'm a new speed user and my standard pattern once a week or so is 20-30mg parachuted (after a stomach alkalinization regimen) followed by 5mg bumps intranasally every few hours until my body tells me it's done, usually totaling 40-50mg over 12 hours or so.
This usually gets me pretty amped up from the initial dose, dancing, gurning like a bitch, heartrate 130-ish, and the bumps keep me awake for at least 24 hours after the final dose.

However, it having been about 3 hours after taking 1.5g of phenibut, the initial 30mg of amphetamine did NOTHING. Barely placebo. I snorted another 25mg over the next few hours, and all it got me was some vague chest pain and insomnia. No rush, and no increased heart rate or gurning either, which I take as evidence that it wasn't just taking the edge off, but rather blocking the effects of the amphetamine altogether.

Even now, like 20 hours after the phenibut and 6 hours after the last bump of amphetamine, when I would normally have a sore jaw still working on a giant wad of gum and be pacing around or going shopping or something kinda tweaked out, I feel nothing but a lack of sleepiness and bleh.

So I conjecture that the people who were happy with this combo must have done way more speed than me and not noticed the diminished effect. I probably would have tried a bit more but this was all I had, and I feel dumb because amphetamine is insanely expensive where I am.

So I thought I'd post my report so that others who google this combo might not make the same mistake.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_amphetamine
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_stimulants
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mate. Thanks for the great report. It says a lot. There is no doubt phenibut is strong stuff.

I want to supplement with phenibut now. 200 mg to 300 mg is probably the dose that works with speed, but that is a subjective guess.

Real good report.

Huh, that's strange, I've found that phenibut mixes great with stimulants, amphetamine included. In fact I prefer to take stimulants with it any time I take stimulants, I take a full dose (around 1.5 grams, or sometimes 2). Are you familiar with the effects of phenibut by itself? It doesn't seem to work the same for everyone.

Yeah I take about 1.5 or 2g a couple times a week and I've developed feel for the subtle intoxication.

But the bottom line in this case is I took the EXACT same dose of amphetamine as usual after a week-long break and got almost completely muted effects, so it just must have been too much Phenibut for me?

1.5g to 3g is considered pretty strong. It is structurally very similar to pregabalin. I would simply try the dose at different times, different amounts. You will find what works the best for you.

Yeah I take about 1.5 or 2g a couple times a week and I've developed feel for the subtle intoxication.

But the bottom line in this case is I took the EXACT same dose of amphetamine as usual after a week-long break and got almost completely muted effects, so it just must have been too much Phenibut for me?

That is pretty strange. Maybe phenibut + amphetamine isn't the combo for you? I really like it though.

i always found phenibut plus alcohol to be an amazing combo. opiate like euphoria almost....worst hangover of any drug except meth.

1.5g to 3g is considered pretty strong. It is structurally very similar to pregabalin. I would simply try the dose at different times, different amounts. You will find what works the best for you.

Nah, I'm done with amphetamine. It's just not worth the 3 days of being able to do nothing but sleep.

I agree to OP. Amphetamine should be consumed without any downer (GABA-a/b agonist etc.). Ruins the experience. If the phet is too strong, you can always decrease the dose. No need to counteract.

For me phenibut doesn't counteract it in any way. Phenibut is stimulating mostly, it makes me feel lightly manic and lovey. It combines great with amphetamine, for me anyway. It combines great with any stimulant, it adds to the manic euphoric and reduces the anxiety side effects/sketch factor. It binds to GABA-B but not very strongly, mostly it works through blocking α2δ subunit-containing VDCCs, which makes it a gabapentinoid (gabapentin and pregabalin work only as α2δ subunit-containing VDCCs blockers and not GABA at all).

I see where you are coming from. Once took 1.5 g Phenibut (high dose for me) 12h after medium dose of MDPV and I was really manic, certainly way over top. So in my book Phenibut with DRIs can work to take the paranoid edge off.

With amphetamine though in my experience it just diminishes the rush and ruines the experience.