• ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Total voters
It's fiction :)

Plus, y'know - tolerance. Habitual, heavy users of opiates don't tend to nod, it keeps them functional.

Id still get a nod if I took a dose that made me high no matter what the tolerance, had this in the last few days with 120mg hydrocodone and high tolerance thinking no way I'd be able to work. He definitely takes it to get high at times while dealing with annoying patients haha

In my understanding he takes it for the pain in his leg and because of his long term pain he has become addicted to them.
So he will need them to "be well"

I am in the same boat - chronic pain and I was addicted. I had to take just to get out of bed in the morning and to get through the day.

tolerance. when i was still using i could shoot a lot of heroin and not nod off. hell, i cant even think of the last time i had a nod.

long term opiate use dulls one's mind tho, that is the real issue here.

I used to go to work morphine high everyday.

And I think in the show it says that leg pain is in his head.

My grandpa had a morphine addiction, and he was a surgeon. Go figure? :?

The highest number of medical professional with an addiction is actually anesthesiologist due to how close they sit to the patients when they exhale. Many of the drugs deposit onto the face of the doctor and are absorbed.

His colleagues say that but he must get real leg pain as he had a huge chunk of muscle come out of his thigh (huge muscle in the body). He admits he takes it to get stoned and deal with personal issues a lot too

^^
Yip this, I used to go to work and still function on opiates

That's actually the deal. I've been on relatively high doses of opiates for decades and no one would expect that that was the case. It's just tolerance plain and simple. I've been pulled over by state troopers with seriously high levels in my system and they had no idea. I actually don't find it hard to believe Dr. House can do his job popping Vicodens. They're on the weak side as far as pain management meds go.

Based on my own boring story with opiates, House seems like he's at a opiate-dependent point for physical pain. I also think that he doesn't particularly love opiates as a predisposition. He's too cranky to be euphoric. Great show though.

Last edited:
yeah, when they're really high. opiate rage, or whatever. just major irritability. kinda weird, i guess.

yeah, when they're really high. opiate rage, or whatever. just major irritability. kinda weird, i guess.

Opiate rage...yeah, it can make you irritable as hell. I remember having some Vicodin and any lil' thing brought the rage inside and I wanted to go off on people. It makes me feel overly confident sometimes. If you do go off, of course there's regret afterwards.

Same with Adderall. I'm not always irritable on it, but sometimes, it makes me want to tell people off if something they do gets on my nerves. I don't give into those emotions so easily anymore though. Learning to bite my tongue and take the high road.

I used to watch House and liked it at first, but it became too repetitive, bailed.

I was playing some gigs in another city (well, here - before i moved here) once when i was a opiate um, afficianado...and i someone gave me some buprenorphine. I took way too much before we played and fuck i was in a filthy mood onstage.
Kind of fun, in a stupid way. I was just snapping at people and being a sarcastic prick.
It's something i kind of associate with being really high but maybe a bit run down or something. Moody.