Site Feedback Can We Have a Dedicated Amphetamines Forum?

GeekinB3AST

Bluelighter
So i have been searching BL for about a solid 30-45min Looking for a place to post a Suggestion and ended up here. Now my stance on this suggestion is probably a tad bit Biased but here it is. I think there should be a Forum solely for Amphetamines and alike substances( MethAmphetamines). Given that behind Cannabis, amphetamines are the most commonly used illicit drug and that this is a harm reduction site. I feel like a Forum dedicated to Amps would be more useful in harm reduction than the forum dedicated to cannabis. Considering the amount of harm an individual with no knowledge of how Amps actually work in the brain can inflict upon themselves. I know that when i first started using Ice(Meth) i didn't really question how it got me high I kinda just thought it was like smoking Weed(Cannabis) .... and smoke it like weed I did Needless to say i suffered some health impacts both physical and mental. I thank you for your time and await a response. Have a nice day:)

I also get PMs from people asking why we don't have a dedicated Opioids forum, since they're possibly the most abused category of drugs.

I dunno. I guess it's how the forum slowly evolved over almost 20 years.

We do have (tags) in Other Drugs to denote these classes of drugs though.

Personally I'm against lots of little silos of focus forums, and more in favour of bigger busier forums which use tags to separate classes of drugs, with the benefit of all that shared expertise. This also reflects the reality that most people are poly-drug users.

I'd actually like to see less focus forums here tbph, with instead a focus on BDD and OD.

I Can understand the logic behind that. Its just OD is Huge and It took me quite awhile to figure out where all the info I was hunting for actually was. Are subforums possible like instead of Tags next to every post random order you go into OD and then there are subforums of all the Drug classes that OD covers? Then a Moderators for each subform , I would love to be a Moderator in OD but I'd be all but useless with anything but Cocaine , Ice(meth), and Weed (Which is covered in its own forum)

what kind of threads would even fill up a forum specific to amphetamines? they're a class of drugs with a pretty wide range of effects - the serotonoergic amphetamines, like 4fa, are closer to mdma and similar empathogens in effect; the psychedelic amphetamines, like DOM and DOB, are straight up powerful psychedelics; so both of those better fit in their current respective forums; that just leaves us with general stimulants - amphetamine, methamphetamine, 4methylaminorex, cathinone/methcathinone, khat, and maybe some others i'm forgetting, but still a lot more than just amphetamines, and are there really enough questions and unknowns or curiosity specific to stimulants to warrant separate forum?

Other Drugs has always kind of been a mess of a "catch-all for everything that isnt mdma-like or a psychedelic"; splitting OD out into several, smaller, more dedicated forums has been discussed in the past, but the solution that was used was the addition of the prefix system. just scroll down to search at the bottom of the forum and select the prefix you want and it'll show only threads with that prefix, which is effectively the same as each individual sub-topic in OD having the forum all to itself.

I would love to be a Moderator in OD but I'd be all but useless with anything but Cocaine , Ice(meth), and Weed (Which is covered in its own forum)
dont let that discourage you from learning more and applying. its a vast treasure trove of knowledge, so read threads outside of your expertise and learn everything you can.

just scroll down to search at the bottom of the forum and select the prefix you want and it'll show only threads with that prefix, which is effectively the same as each individual sub-topic in OD having the forum all to itself.[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU for this helpful info lol now I see why we haven't made subforums

I think there should be a dedicated amphetamine forum as well! I spent over 10 hours on here yesterday while tweaking on adderall searching, just for a lot of the same search results to come up, or very few. I know there are tons more posts about amphetamines on here, but i don't want to dig through posts about dxm, serequel, crack ECT that are useless to me in the basic drug forum to find them.

And we also need a designated opiate forum, for the same reasons!

I would personally vote for three sub-forums: Opiates/Opiods, which will cover anything from Tramadol all the way up to Fentanyl and Opium poppies/PPT & PST tea so we junkies can have all our information about Opiates nearby, including what to do when overdosing and how to taper successfully. Then a subforum for Benzodiazepines and Barbituates, with information on the cross-tolerance and whatnot including tapering safely off them. Finally a Stimulants subforum consisting of substances like Methylphenidate / plain Amphetamine / Dextro-Amphetamine / Methamphetamine / DextroMethamphetamine and the substituted Cathinones like 4-MMC (4-MethylMethCathinone) / Pentedrone / (and this one is more of a crossover from Psychedelic Drugs): bk-MDMA & bk-MDEA. :)

Anyone have any input on how such a system could function on BL? :)

-- Peace o/