• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

cheeks swollen after MDMA use

shoshjort

Greenlighter
So on NYE I had a night in with a couple friends and 2 grams of MDMA split between three of us, I've done MDMA probably around 5-10 times before, but when i woke up yesterday morning I had (sores?) on the inside of my mouth from gurning but my actual cheeks were swollen up to the point that I literally looked like a chipmunk! there wasn't much pain other than from the sores, but eating was very difficult due to lack of room in my mouth, i've taken anti-histamines and put ice on my cheeks but it's now over 24 hours since i first noticed it, they've gone down slightly but I've got college tomorrow and I really don't want to look this stupid, anyone got any suggestions? thanks!

Sounds like you may have been gnawing away at the inside of your mouth quite a bit, which is not surprising after 2/3 of a gram. Never heard of swollen cheeks though. May be an allergic reaction or infection of some sort.

Hopefully the swelling subsides soon. If not, or if you experience any other symptoms, might be an idea to get it checked out.

I have had this experience and I took some over the counter anti histamines and it helped

I read about this rare symptom as a result of gnawing on the inside of your cheeks and exposing the wounded mucous membranes to common allergens in food or drinks or foreign saliva during kissing. Normally, the intact membrane keeps these allergens away.

Antihistamines and glucocortoids will help and in the future avoiding contacts with all possible allergens is advisable. Drink only salted water while gnawing like that...

I read about this rare symptom as a result of gnawing on the inside of your cheeks and exposing the wounded mucous membranes to common allergens in food or drinks or foreign saliva during kissing. Normally, the intact membrane keeps these allergens away.

Antihistamines and glucocortoids will help and in the future avoiding contacts with all possible allergens is advisable. Drink only salted water while gnawing like that...
This is my guess as well. Less likely is that the sores became infected, not unlikely after MDMA which is an immunosuppressant. But that would likely be accompanied by an agonizing pain as well, which the OP makes no mention of

In any case if it keeps up longer than a day or two at the most, most definitely seek out medical assistance. In case it's an infection it needs to be diagnosed and treated asap