• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Boots in Surrey wanting to scan pic of me picking up morphine and oxycodone, insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxyloveUK

Bluelighter
Just got back from the pharmacy chain and was shocked this happened, they were so rude and treated me like a junkie. Never had this experience before. Are they supposed to do that?

Just got back from the pharmacy chain and was shocked this happened, they were so rude and treated me like a junkie. Never had this experience before. Are they supposed to do that?

What do you mean? Did they want a picture of you or your ID? Seems like a good idea, so they know it's actually you picking up the script and not someone else. If you don't like it take your script somewhere else

driving license. the reason they did it was because that staff that didnt know me thought I was an addict based on those particular drugs. I found out that was over the top and they settled with looking at my credit card. its the local one for me, not easy to go elsewhere especially in wd but will have to. might complain if I get the chance, Ive always been fine just confirming DOB and address

That it is, but that's how the world works anymore.

driving license. the reason they did it was because that staff that didnt know me thought I was an addict based on those particular drugs. I found out that was over the top and they settled with looking at my credit card. its the local one for me, not easy to go elsewhere especially in wd but will have to. might complain if I get the chance, Ive always been fine just confirming DOB and address

The staff don't know you personally and they were to hand over 2 potent (and class A) opioids. I'm not surprised they asked for ID, in fact I'm more surprised they've not asked you before now. I assume they thought that you wern't who you said you were, IE an addict trying his luck to pick up someone elses script. They were just covering themselves, can you imagine the fuss you would have (rightly) kicked up if they gave your script to someone else?

Why are you prescribed morphine and oxycodone anyway, seems kinda bizarre to prescribe 2 different opioids, unless one is IR and the other XR?

I have been asked, and did, for ID once man, and This was due to Codeine & Benzos.
Like you said: It was a sort of "stand in Head Pharmacist".

Don't take it too harshly, if they are ny00beez then they will feel something is off before checking your prior history :|

Yeah 1 is ER, the other IR^

The staff before never asked and dont ask other people I know who are on morph, oxy, methadone etc but I guess they were familiar with me before or customer assistants rather than a pharmacist but still never had that problem with a pharmacist. The scripts had my DOB and I confirmed my address and my mate has had no trouble picking mine up a couple times in the past.

Yep we do live in a judgmental world

Sounds surprising as most benzos are class C and codeine is OTC (I know smaller doses), guessing it was the opiate-benzo mix

Just thought I'd chime in on this one as a si.mular thing happened to me a few times.

Actually yes, they ARE supposed to ask you for ID every time you pick up a controlled drug (according to my GP and practice pharmacist anyway) but most if them don't bother if you confirm your address on the script. There are about 10 pharmacies in my town and none if them ever asked me for ID when I used to pick up morphine, oxycontin, fentanyl etc (not all at the same time obviously)...all except one particular branch of Lloyds Pharmacy.

The irony is that it was attached to my doctors surgery and since I was on a lot if meds at the time I must have been in about 200 times before and they knew me by name...in fact whem I'd go in they'd say "Oh Hi, (insert my name here), how are you?" then when handing over my pills said "do you have any photo ID"... I just laughed and said "are you serious? You know how I am you've just addressed me by name whem I came into the shop" and they replied that it was "policy". As it happened I had bank cards, credit cards, drivers licence and also an NHS photo ID card in my wallet but I just told then "no...I don't" out of principle and the absurdity of the situation (I can be a cunt like that sometimes lol)...they then said "what about a bank card?" to which I also replied "no" (a lie) just to see what would happen as I was a bit annoyed at this point..

Anyway, they gave me them in the end but told me to bring in ID ""next time".

If the pharmacist doesn't know you and they have any suspicions then they are well within their rights to ask for ID..hell, I've heard of people being asked for ID twice on the same day when picking up a prescription in 2 halves when they needed to order some of it in...all by the same pharmacist... It's fair enough if they don't know you but my objection is when they DO know you personally and yet ask you to show them your fucking passport on top...that's just stupid and makes no sense..but they apparently are well within their rights and technically are supposed to ask for at the very least a bank card when dispensing ANY controlled drug buy usually they will use a bit of discretion and common sense first and not ask you.

Sorry for the long post...hope that helps a bit.

Haha unbelievable, I shouldve done the same but I was desperate to get my pills that day. Passport?! ***k me. It helps a lot, thanks! Personally find Lloyds supermarket pharmacies to be more friendly and easy-going than Boots but that might just be places Ive been around in

if you don't mind me asking Oxy, what conditions do you have that you're prescribed morphone and Oxy for?

I often get quizzed suspiciously just when I pick up Nurofen+. Other pharmacists don't give a shit and hand it over quickly though. I aksed for some Codeine Linctus at a pharmacy today and she claimed they didn't sell it, but perhaps were suspicious of me. I was wearing a beany hat because it was cold so maybe it was that

if you don't mind me asking Oxy, what conditions do you have that you're prescribed morphone and Oxy for?

I often get quizzed suspiciously just when I pick up Nurofen+. Other pharmacists don't give a shit and hand it over quickly though. I aksed for some Codeine Linctus at a pharmacy today and she claimed they didn't sell it, but perhaps were suspicious of me. I was wearing a beany hat because it was cold so maybe it was that

Thankyou for a perfect example of why it becomes ever harder for folk picking up legit scripts to do so without being drilled into the very fundament (fnarr, etc). This is why doctorshop/pharmacyphandango threads don't last so long here...

In short, if you have legit reason it is naught but a minor inconvenience at best. If non-legit it gets trickier... which is kinda the point of the system.

Personally I'd love a totally legalised system where none of this kinda shit matters... but that is not what we have so suck it up and deal with dealing with it like the rest of us have to*...

*... directed at none of y'all who would know better, obviously...

Status
Not open for further replies.