• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox 1 year sober challenge

veodo

Bluelighter
Hi guys, sorry for my english first of all, I want to start this thread to let you know what I'm going to do.

I want to stay one year sober, free of all mind altering drugs, I vape cannabis daily (2 years without smoking), chronic user, I use often stimulants, benzos, alcohol, disociatives and psychs. So Im pretty a poli drug user. But this is over, at least, for 1 year.
I just threw my drug stash away, hundred of euros invested in...I just threw it, there is no way back. I still have half kilo weed that I will give to all my friends as a present.
Im going to celebrete tonight, take a few drinks, maybe take a half MDMA pill, and then go to sleep.
I know is going to be hard, but I want to try it, like an experiment I make to myself.

The thing is, prohibited every mind altering drug, even caffeine, no coffe, no energy drinks, only green tea, and trying to avoid all the farmacy stuff as max as I can. I want to eat healthy and loss body fat.

Strictly prohibited. Drugs. Any kind of alcohol, cannabis and derivates, stimulants, benzos, psychedelics, etc.
Strictly prohibited chocolate, or anything with cocoa.... chocolate gives me a high that can be a trigger.

So guys, Im going to have fun tonight, but in very moderation and Im going to start tomorrow when I wake up.

I only want to feel better and dont focus my life on drugs.

I will get it!!!! Lets go!!

Funny this should pop up right now as I was just responding to a thread in the Cannabis Forum about how to know when you are using too much pot. I was talking about having two distinct "epochs" of my life--one in which I could not imagine having my consciousness unaltered and then a far longer one where I could not imagine it being altered. So now here I am at 64, feeling like I got a lot out of both but am happy to know that I can freely choose. I mostly choose unaltered.

I think it is a good thing for people who may have started altering their consciousness very young (like me) to learn strategies and coping mechanisms in an unaltered state. You never lose those. Learning your emotional landscape is also a very good thing.I think your experiment is a good one and I bet at the end of one year you will have a very different outlook on life.

Thank you guys!! Happy new year!!

I will keep this update, I cant belive that Im going to to this!!!

Best of luck man, I’m currently in the process of trying to stay sober myself. Doubtful I’ll make it a year but I’m gonna try my best!

How are days one and two going for you? As a fellow poly-drug mess, I am very curious.

How are days one and two going for you? As a fellow poly-drug mess, I am very curious.

To be honest, day 1 very depressing, day 2, mood swings, but everything OK, Im smashing the gym and going for a diet, so Im changing a lot of things... Im having very vivid dreams, yesterday I did 40km mountain biking and Im tired as fuck, but this afternoon Im going to the gym so.... lets do it.

Day 4 and counting. Im not 100% sure if Im going to succes, actually, Im feeling really alone in this challenge, In may I start working every day 12h without day offs and during 5 months straight, and In a nightlife enviroment so Its going to be tricky.... I have suppor from my GF and my friends....so lets see what happen.

Thank you all!!!!

I Had a big discussion...bad vibes... I have strong craving to vape a big marijuana bud :(

Im going for a walk....

I Had a big discussion...bad vibes... I have strong craving to vape a big marijuana bud :(

Im going for a walk....

Good strategy. It's all about learning new ways to cope with life.

3 days with flu symptoms... yesterday was very very bad, not really craving anything, thanks to my GF, she brought me food and water and take care of me..., I dont know what happen exacly to my body, normal flu (my mum and bro got it weeks before me), overtraining (3 days training really hard) or withdrawls symptoms... I dont know, I feel better, hope to feel even better tomorrow and smash the gym.
One thing, my dreams are the most vivid dreams I ever had.

ok...0:00, I did my first week sober.... I keep going.

Last edited:
you're lucky you can excercise. my back is fucked for a decade now so basically the only thing i can do to distract myself from drugs is work...and sometimes my back is too fucked to even sit at a desk. So i'll probably never quite drugs even though i would like to because i litterally cant do shit much of the time

you're lucky you can excercise. my back is fucked for a decade now so basically the only thing i can do to distract myself from drugs is work...and sometimes my back is too fucked to even sit at a desk. So i'll probably never quite drugs even though i would like to because i litterally cant do shit much of the time

Hey myfriend!!

You should try to watch the problem from another point of view. Maybe try some back streching, change your diet, change your bed, change the position of the bed in your house, I dont know man... all my good vibes to you my friend....

wooow 2 days of strong cravings, I feel very very good, and this make me think that is Ok to take one, or two beer and vap some cannabis....aiiiigggghhhh

1 year is too much!

Hello guys, I want to let you know that Im 1 month sober now...every thing is going OK, I feel great, I lost 4kilograms and Im progressing in my training, sometimes I feel the acid inside me or I dont know what is it, buy sober living is kinda a high...

So thats it people, 11 month to go....

Hello guys, I want to let you know that Im 1 month sober now...every thing is going OK, I feel great, I lost 4kilograms and Im progressing in my training, sometimes I feel the acid inside me or I dont know what is it, buy sober living is kinda a high...

So thats it people, 11 month to go....

Since a teen I've used substances to alter my mood. Just recently been off opiates/benzos for 3-4 years. Then just a week ago got off phenibut which i took for 3-4 years. Now I just have pot. I am starting to realize how bored I am. Gotta make changes as well. I look forward to reading your journey.

I'm with you Veodo. I had 18 months before I started drinking again four months ago. I want to get back there.

I'm with you Veodo. I had 18 months before I started drinking again four months ago. I want to get back there.

You are back to problematic drinkg, or are you using it with moderation?

You are back to problematic drinkg, or are you using it with moderation?
It's definitely a problem. I was in the hospital for detox last week. I am not worried about drinking in the short term with the memories of the hospital being so fresh, but I'm worried about the long term.

Veodo! What a great challenge for yourself!! I will soon be clean from opiates, alcohol, etc for one year... but to be honest, can really do with attempting a challenge as rigorous as yours!! I love caffeine and am addicted to it at this time for sure!! I have recently stopped eating refined sugar, well as much as is possible, and boy was I a bitch!! But, my mood is improving. I work late hours and or long hours... so I am not in a space to jump out of the caffeine river right now... but I will keep following your progress and, who knows??
Keep us posted!!

Hello, thanks for the coment!!!

Yesterday I ate some chocolate like a coulan thing, really good, the taste was amazing, but did not trigger anything, all my mates were drinking alcohol, smoking weed and doing cocaine, I was drinking water and everything OK.

My challenge is still going, I cheat on the chocolate thing, but its not a problem, I was 31 days without anything sweet, and oh boy is food, not a drug, so my sober year challenge is UP!!! NO DRUGS!! 11 month left!!=D