• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Transforming stash to edible - smoking it made me depressed - make it edible?

aur462

Greenlighter
So I just spent "too many dollars and five too many cents" on a strain of weed that made me very depressed. My wife's not crazy about it either. It's quite indica heavy and not guilty of anything remotely resembling a head high (as can be the case with many indicas/hyrids of coourse). I hated the "high" it gave me. I don't remember being this depressed after smoking. Granted, the weed itself isn't depressive - I'm depressed anyway (not sure if clinically); I tend to be dysthymic (a "weaker depression" you might say) most of the year (some people are just lucky). I just really respond well to stimulants and "head highs" and the cerebral effects.

I understand that the same cannabis turned into an edible is a different chemical (potency and otherwise), thus this would theoretically make my "sad/dumb weed" into something more enjoyable.

Incidentally, my wife and I had an edible last week before Xmas dinner (always the wise decision) with my family. We spoke a lot with my niece who's extremely smart and recently diagnosed with ADHD (wife and me also) me during dinner and had a stompin' good time. Cerebral conversation and divergent thinking galore. I was more at ease and "myself" with my family than I can remember.

So, any thoughts on how much different (and palatable in this case) you can make your stash if you transform it to edible form? Once again, I HATED this weed when I smoked it.

In my opinion ediables give to much of a body high....makes me lazy...i have a med marijuana card but all I can get now is Edibles so I really don't use it