• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

AUS: Pain sufferers stock up on codeine medicines before over-the-counter ban

People who don't even need codeine are now going to have to wait longer at the Dr's. They reported that there are something like 5.3 million sales per year. The Dr can only give a max of 2 - 3 scripts per time. This means over a million unnecessary patient visits. The waiting times at medical centres are already bad enough. Why make it worse?

There was also evidence that only 1% of codeine users have actually died from abusing it. In comparison Alcohol and smoking has killed more. Why not then put a script on alcohol too rather than codeine? Sounds like BS.

I believe this will get reversed.

You're right, except that I don't think it will be reversed. Governments almost never reverse anything like this. It's too embarrassing. More likely they'll just move all opioids to schedule 8 so fewer doctors can write them.

You're right, except that I don't think it will be reversed. Governments almost never reverse anything like this. It's too embarrassing. More likely they'll just move all opioids to schedule 8 so fewer doctors can write them.

We shall see.

It still baffles me that there are no restrictions with alcohol etc.

For me personally drinking rum is worse than taking codeine.

Drinking vodka is worse than taking codeine or any other drug I have tried too.

The government has other ideas though