• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA redosing actually bad for you?

Luckedout

Greenlighter
Hi Guys I've been looking around the forums and haven't actually found a straight answer for this, common sense tells me one thing, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. The general consensus is that redosing is worse for you and makes the comedown worse. But I feel like thats in reference to a higher total dosage. What I'm really aiming for is a nice mood enhancer rather than a full on roll, and preferably no comedown or anything the next day. I drop about every half year so I reckon this would be possible. My idea was rather than redosing I guess would be to split dose where Id take 4 doses of 50mg or something like that over 2 or 3 hrs. Would this be worse for any ill effects the next day than say a standard redose which would be something like 150mg followed by 75mg an hour and a half later. I understand the roll would be much less intense but I kinda prefer that nowadays. I'm just wondering if taking more doses (smaller) would be worse for you in terms of comedown and neurological effects. If anyone has information on this, or if there's a thread I missed on this if you guys could post me on the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

I personally think redosing the doses is likely to be more unhealthy than taking it all at once, assuming the total dosage is the same. Dosing/binging over a 12 hour period is not ideal. There are neurological reasons as to why a shorter duration of intoxication is less harmful but its hard to explain.

I would try to keep your total dosage under 120mg there.
Happy NYE,
CY

In my ten plus years of experience when i have real true quality mdma a redose was never necessary.

The right size dose(not to much to little) gives great enough results to where a redose doesnt even come to mind. It will last more than long enough and feel more than great enough.

Only times ive redosed on true mdma is times that i was being addictive and going overboad which is pure foolishness.

Those who truly know the way know that with mdma less is more.

After too many times of going overboard ive learned my lesson.

A balanced dose is the greatest, most effective and beneficial dose.

Ok if you start with a very low or minimal dose then a redose within 1 to 2 hours is sensible.

Sometimes i used to take a half dose then redose the other half within a hour for a slower come up with longer effect.

The best days was when we could pop one true mdma bean and have the purest rolling experience all night or whatever.

THE EFFECTS SHOULD BE SO GREAT THAT YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THOUGHTS OF REDOSING OR DOING MORE SO SOON.

with all the rc's and bogus mdma out these days the effects at the most are only a tease of real mdma thats why it makes people over use and fiend because they are trying to achieve effects that only real md can not the imposters

You cant turn silver into gold.

I do believe its a fact that redosing is more damaging based on the way that mdma works.

Once the light is on the light is on.

Once the roll is on the roll is on.

Unless the first dose was not enough to commence a rolling experience then just enough redose to do the trick within 2 hours is sensible.

Within 1 hour is best and safest.

Based on my experience, belief and my years of deep mdma research and digging deep on bluelight over the years.

The more knowledge and facts you know of drug means the greater results you will have.

Its not like eating a piece of chocolate....you gotta know what your doing.

All the facts of mdma is all over bluelight and other sites.
Bluelight is the best source of facts and experienced users knowledge.

Do the work and search for the knowledge to have safe and true results with a special chemical.

Main cause of harmful use is use with out enough knowledge of what they are doing and how to use safely.

The do's and the dont's

As I understand it, re-dosing repeatedly or in large amounts is ineffective at best and possibly harmful (neurotoxic) at worst because of the way MDMA works. MDMA stimulates the release of a large amount of serotonin and some dopamine and other things into your synapses. You get a nice big uptake of the serotonin by your serotonin receptors, which is primarily what is responsible for the MDMA experience. However, your brain only has a limited amount of serotonin stored, so once you've used it up, taking more and more MDMA won't do much of anything because there's no serotonin left for your brain to release. If you've taken a moderate initial dose and redose later, your brain might have some more serotonin left to release, but keep in mind that depletes your serotonin levels even more, and leaves you (possibly) with a worse comedown and longer recovery time.

Once your serotonin is used up (by your initial dose/re-dosing), your serotonin receptors have nothing left to receive, but you'll still have dopamine hanging around. This can get taken in by the serotonin receptors, and dopamine is toxic to the serotonin cells. This can lead to neurotoxicity. Keep in mind research on this is limited and primary conducted through animal studies, which is problematic.

So to answer your question, as I understand it, a moderate dose and a re-dose is ok, but after a few hours you're likely to have released most of the serotonin your brain has stored anyway. Also, most people seem to report that smaller doses (70mg and under) don't really have much noticeable effect at all. I guess it is about experimentation to achieve the effect you want in a way that feels safe for you. Good luck!

I usually do 120mg initial dose then a 40-60 top up dose 1:30-2 hours later. Dosing before could lead to overdoses especially if you are very unlucky and have taken something like pma

with all the rc's and bogus mdma out these days the effects at the most are only a tease of real mdma thats why it makes people over use and fiend because they are trying to achieve effects that only real md can not the impostors
What is the difference between the Bogus MDMA and Real MDMA?
Do you get Mydriasis with the Bogus MDMA ?

Bogus mdma would be so called research chemicals or any drug that tries to mimic or be simular to mdma.

Sold as mdma but not.

Someone whos never truly experienced proper mdma wouldnt have a clue if they took some crappy mimic drug or the real thing.

Thats why dealers get away with selling non mdma molly as mdma because new generation users dont even know what the real thing should feel like.

Just because some crystals or pressed pills keep a person up all night fucked up doesnt mean its mdma.

Yes redosing is bad for you. Redosing a small amount about an hour into the roll is okay, but leave it any longer the redose will not be fully metabolized and the part metabolites are thought to be harmful.

Yes research shows when the same total dosage is taken, when comparing one single dose to multiple smaller doses, is that there is indeed more neurotoxicity with the smaller dosages. And as others have said you don't quite get the same result unless you take one decent dose straight away.

I personally take a booster only half the time, and only about 90mins after the initial dose. All this really does is cause a smoother prolonged comedown due to increased MDMA to MDA metabolism. This may also be why redosing is more neurotoxic, or one of them, as MDA is SLIGHTLY more toxic (I emphasize slightly as it's not as toxic as some want to believe.) Also there is more HMA and HMMA produced.

So yup in a nutshell there will be a lesser overall experience for more toxicity with multiple smaller doses. And anything redosed after 2hrs of a decent initial dose is pretty much a waste and really taxing on the brain.

-GC