• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA after illness

NGW

Greenlighter
Okay so basically im going to a rave on monday and just wanted some advice. Yesterday (friday) i was sick with some kind of flu/cold and spent all day in bed with no appetite. Today (saturday) i feel better although i’d say im only 80% recovered. I’m sure i will feel fine tomorrow and should definitely be better on monday as this cold pretty much lasted a day. My question being if it is a good idea to roll on monday? Back in February i rolled at a rave after not long being sick and i ended up receiving tonsillitis afterwards and was probably the most sick i have ever been. I do really want to roll at this rave but at the same time if it means risking making myself worse i will happily just drink alcohol. Thoughts?

Rolling can suppress your immune system, I might try to pass on the MDMA and stick to alcohol until you really feel better. Your system might also still be in recovery from the flu/cold thing and it may not be in its best shape to handle a night of rolling.

Stay safe,
CY

I rolled during the late stages of the flu once and it actually made my symptoms better. Congestion was gone, sore throat was gone, headache; gone.
The thing about the flu is that it's your immune system exaggerating over a non-existent threat and turning against you. The cold virus is harmless, but your body doesn't agree. Ironic as it is, the weaker your immune system is, the better you'll feel when you have a cold. Regardless, I do not recommend rolling while sick because you could catch something else while your immune system is compromised. I rolled alone so it wasn't an issue.
Also never roll if your stomach hurts. I got cocky and rolled while I had a possible stomach flu once and I did not have a good night to say the least.
Wait until you get better.

I wouldnt do it. MDMA can interact with immune system-HPA axis which is still in recovery. You risk having a worse comedown or worst case scenario an LTC if you did this.

There is too much linkage between random LTC like stuff, CFS, fibro, reactivated viruses, etc to risk it.

I was pretty sick when I rolled last with friends. We had planned it for a couple weeks so I went through with it. I had tonsillitis pretty bad and my body ached.

I took Dayquil, robitissun, EmergenC, and ibuprofen and felt "normal" again. Didn't even feel sick.

Took a 125mg dose and a 125mg boost an hour later. Had a really great time.

The comedown was pretty awful however. Felt sick again, tired, and just really emotionally drained.

It's like a cure for a cold but for me the sickness was just put on hold and afterwards came back harder than before. Wait until you recover fully.