• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health How do you tell your partner about your eating disorder?

Tweakerdumb

Greenlighter
I know this isn't about drugs, so I tried to find the most appropriate thread to post this on. I'm a recovering meth addict, and with my addiction came anorexia. I've been able to over come it because i was pregnant. That lasted up until 2 months ago. I'm already back to my prepregnancy weight, and I'm starting to notice my skin hanging off my bones from where I've lost the weight so fast.

This is a really touchy subject, because to me it's not just an ED, it triggers my addiction constantly. My SO is aware of my addiction & that I'm in recovery, but I feel like he wouldn't take it as seriously since it's not a substance causing this.

Any advice is greatly needed and appreciated

It is still appropriate to post here.

Anorexia is very serious, and can be just as bad or worse as other mental illnesses, extremely hurtful.

If your significant other doesn't realize the seriousness and danger of your affliction, you must still seek help. That is for sure. Please don't let them stop you from doing so.

So you need to see a doctor, tell them what you've said above in more detail, and stick to how they help you recover. Let us know about developments. We aren't doctors but we can help to guide on certain matters.