• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Day One Suboxone Rapid Taper from Heroin

Thanks John M, wishing you success as well! I am kind of forced to do this quick taper as I only had 2 8mg subs to do this with. Are you doing the Roberts Taper? 6-8 weeks cutting 25% every 4 days? Or are you working with a sub doctor? I'm not sure what happened today with the bad belly and sweats, I probably did drop too fast from 2mg to 1mg. I dosed an extra .5 and felt much better. I am going to try for .5 tmrw a.m. but if that doesn't help, I will dose another .5 and shoot for .5 only on Monday. Do you have a thread started I can follow?

Thanks John M, wishing you success as well! I am kind of forced to do this quick taper as I only had 2 8mg subs to do this with. Are you doing the Roberts Taper? 6-8 weeks cutting 25% every 4 days? Or are you working with a sub doctor? I'm not sure what happened today with the bad belly and sweats, I probably did drop too fast from 2mg to 1mg. I dosed an extra .5 and felt much better. I am going to try for .5 tmrw a.m. but if that doesn't help, I will dose another .5 and shoot for .5 only on Monday. Do you have a thread started I can follow?
I’m working with a private practice Dr who specializes in chemical dependency.. I luckily got in to see him even though he had a full roster.. he heard what I had to say & thought I was 100% committed.. so he took me on.. here’s the link
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/836209-Hello-everyone
I’m going to try a 10% drop per week.. A family member did it & said it was the best choice he made.. He still dealt with about almost 2 weeks of flu symptoms before feeling much better.. but he’s probably mentally/spiritually tougher than I.

Nobody needs 24mg a day, i believe after 12mg, your receptors are full, and anything more is a waste. I've seen the biggest heroin addict(2 buns a day) level out on 4mg of sub. There's a stacking effect with sub, you're In for some heavy withdrawals, unless you follow Robert325 plan on drug.com forum. Stay at a dose for 4 days, then drop 25%, until you get down to .25mg then skip a day, dose .25mg then skip 2 days, dose .25mg and skip 3 days, dose .25mg and skip 4 days, dose .25mg, and that's your final dose. By then the half life has caught up to itself.

Alldonewithit, did you read Johns thread? He's coming off of heavy methadone and has heart problems. He is sticking with what his doctor is prescribing because of his touchy medical issues.

I just did, my bad. I stand by the no need to take 24mg though, that tells me his dr has no clue. After 12-14mg, the receptors are full, and the extra is a waste, except that it's now stacking high doses on top of each other, which will make the process drag out.

Well, GOT Risk is badass! We are a few hours into the game and I'd say I'm definitely dominating the territories. We are taking a break right now. This game is intense! Lol! I'm feeling pretty good right now. Belly is a little goofy, taking Imodium soon. Mood is good. Got some fresh chocolate chip cookies baking right now. I'll check back in before bed.

Ive done both the Suboxone route and cold turkey route, both in rehab, I have a very small tolerance for pain and had an easy access to heroin so much so that I was never able to successfully get sober with out external help, mad props to you. In my experience with both me and also in helping my friends that also went the suboxone route is that the key is to move slowly in your decrease in dosage. If I remember correctly the half life of buprenorphine is 24-36hrs and Naloxone was 2-12, so compared to Heroin's few minuites of biological half life and its short duration, you will need to redose with suboxone less frequently. From the therapy sessions I did it became clear that the primary goal was to make you feel as "normal" as long as possible in order to focus on rebuilding your life and building habits. That is the key to making it work in my mind, finding a way to living without the frequent need to get well is important. You seem like you are on the right path, keep your mind engaged and occupied, that will aid you in getting off it. Good luck!

TwoFive, thanks for your reply. I'm really trying my best here. It's definitely easy with the sub. It's when I jump off the sub I'll be worried. I have a limited about of sub so I am trying to dose small and just once daily and trying to keep it to 5-6 days max so that my body doesn't become dependent on the sub. I sure am trying to keep my mind occupied. Yes, I am on the right path, it's literally the only viable path that I have left. I cannot use and risk losing the best person on this earth, my fiance and father of my son. It isn't even an option in my mind. Thanks for your input, twofive! Hope you have a great night.

Pghlady6972 well I hope you are able to achieve your goal. With a limited amount, dropping by half is certainly a pretty agressive taper, especially if you intend to do this over a few days time. From what I understand about suboxone is that its intent is a long term taper, and that getting off if it in a short time can be tricky. Regardless, even as you get to a smaller and smaller amount remember to keep taking the smaller doses (e.g. dont just stop at like .25mg) keeping cutting it half as long as you can, and spacing the doses longer may help you in the long run, though they could make it much harder on yourself with nausea, pain, anxiety, etc. I wish you the best of luck, keep talking to others, it helps, and stay occupied. :)

short term is better with sub if you're determined to end opiate life. If you're looking for maintenance, then long term is the way to go, as long as you taper down to mcgs. People that are on sub long term and try jumping from even a half mg withdrawal for a month+. I can point you to a journal where a father watched over his son who was on sub for 2 years, tapered to 1mg, jumped, and 3 months later was finally able to start working again. Whereas i and many others did a 3-6 day detox with sub jyst to get through the acute stage, then used an assortment of otc meds, vitamins, protein shakes, exercise, and some also had benzos short term to get through the next 1-2 weeks. It's up to the person, and how determined they are to stop. Gl on your route, stay strong.

Good morning everyone. Day 4 has arrived. I slept through the night, just woke up. I was in the hospital for pneumonia a couple weeks ago, and I woke up to my lungs hurting this morning. They were bothering me last night a little, but I kept checking my 02 and heart rate and all was good. I have a pcp follow up appt on Tuesday at 10:30 for that so I'll let everyone know what happens. It's a weird, heavy chested feeling. I don't smoke cigs, but I do vape. Who knows? I'm probably just now feeling all the weeks of coughing and coughing! I'm getting ready to dose my .5mg of sub. I don't want another mishap like yesterday (think I waited too long). Belly is good this morning, happy New Year's Eve!

Watching the Eagles game and going to finish our Risk game from last night. We are going to go out to our Friend's house tonight for NYE Celebration. It will be super weird not drinking, but I definitely don't want to drink while on subs. Everyone will suspect I'm pregnant, lol! At least we will have a built in designated driver tonight and my fiance can let loose and have a good time, he deserves it. I'm going to do my hair and make up and wear a nice dress, it always feels nice to look nice.

I'm getting a little antsy today after only taking .5mg this morning, but it's all in my head, I'm not having any withdrawl symptoms. I think the habit of always doing something is starting to get to me - craving!! Ugh, I wish I could just shut cravings off like a switch in my brain!

Lol found it! Good for you. You have such a positive out look! Let me tell you though what has tremendously helped me through the mental state after jumping. L-tyrosine 2000mg a day 1/2 in morning 1/2 in afternoon. L-phenylalanine (same dosage) glycine 1000mg in day and 2000mg before bed also i take OLLY stress gummy’s about 6 a day because it has GABA. Now these are amino acids so they must be taken on an empty stomach! Wait 30 min then eat. Don’t forget vit e for absorption! Super important and high does of vit c. I swear these have significantly helped my mood. I’m so thankful for these vitamins on my children’s sake. And i am so happy you won’t be on the sub train long either. When i started i didn’t realize what it does and how much worse it is either. And for sleep literally this is going to sound gross but my dr said it’s ok i take unisom tabs and also the soft gels (both and different ingredients) and melatonin. And i sleep! I sleep fine! Minus the sweat but nothing is as bad as the sweat i had with sub. If you don’t mind me asking. What’s your history? Have you been on sub before? Have fun tonight and happy new year!

Btw i believe it’s best to take sub for 7 days MAX you do not want your body used to it. It’s worse than anything! Your doing the right thing for you and your family! And using a short sub taper is the way to go! You have been sober before and can do it again!

Well, change of plans. We decided to go out to eat and hit up the movies with our son. We are going to see the new jumanji movie! I'm super excited! Also, we had a great car ride to the restaurant, I got to listen to my new Moana Soundtrack - I know, I know, I'm a weirdo. It's the little things though, right?

I ordered a 6oz sirloin with steamed zucchini and squash, it's going to taste awesome! Finally some decent nutrition. I love eating and cooking healthy but haven't really been up to cooking or grocery shopping.

Happy New Year Everyone! Here's to a healthy, happy, sober, 2018!

Notaclue, thank you so much for your feedback! I have never been on sub before, I am sticking with the short taper for sure. I am very nervous about jumping off with no sub, but I will take it day by day. I am taking everyone's advice with the vitamins and comfort meds. I know I can do this, I have done it before. Today was rough though to be honest. I had a TON of cravings, lasting hours at a time. I know how bad it fucks my life up, but my brain still craves it. I got through today's cravings though. So it was a good day.

Happy New Year everyone!

How you doing pgh? It's jump day, isn't it? You're an eagles fan? I'm from Philly, got all 4 team logos surrounding the liberty bell tattooed on my left chest. It really sucks that Jesus (Carson) got hurt, fole's looks like crap, but if doug calls a good game, and theD plays like they are, Nick should only have to make 4-5 big passes a game.

Yes, I know so weird that we are Eagles fans from Pittsburgh! Wentz made that inevitable, he was too ballsy, I was just waiting for it but was hoping for a miracle. Foles looked like a bum yesterday but he was only in 1qtr. I think he did alright the last couple games. 3rd string kind of reminds me of Wentz the way he escapes the pocket.

Yes, it's supposed to be jump day! I'm so damn nervous! I ended up taking a full 1mg yesterday though. .5 in the am and .5 around 8pm last night. What Do you guys think I should do? My belly is on the fritz this morning but I will use Imodium before anything. This is my last day off work, so today is probably best to feel out how I'll do without the crutch. When the sub is getting 48hrs out of my system, that's when I'm going to get scared. Oh well, now to begin my day 5!