• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

would tianeptine free acid react with potassium bromide to form tianaptine bromide?

You'll have to be a little more specific with respects to dosages, routes of administration, and other context-sensitive aspects. Even using table salt to "cure depression" could be considered toxic if you take it in irresponsibly large doses

Taken in moderate dosages and paying attention to development of any side effects, it shouldn't be harmful though.

whats moderate dose? i was taking it in the grams, not mgs. reason being, it counteracts heroin withdrawal, which basically means it is a potent opiate after all. i just wonder how bad it is for cognition compared to heroin, as we all know opiates in general are not good for the brain

we all know opiates in general are not good for the brain

Opiates are actually quite safe for the brain. It's only in overdoses where someone stops breathing for an extended time that you see brain damage.

And even then that's called respiratiory failure, correct me here sekio but any pharmaceutical that is a ligand for an endogenous receptor is by definition natural for your body

Technically morphine is produced by humans (and other mammals) endogenously from tyrosine [ref], isn't that weird?

Opiates are actually quite safe for the brain. It's only in overdoses where someone stops breathing for an extended time that you see brain damage.

interesting. i have read about opiates causing cognitive problems long term but i cannot find the information currently. but ill take what you say serious as you have studied biochemistry and know more. hopefully you are correct